JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Innisfil YMCA
DEPARTMENT: Membership Sales & Service
ABOUT THE YMCA OF SIMCOE/MUSKOKA:
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka currently serves over 125,000 people in Simcoe County and the Districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound in Central Ontario. The YMCA is one of the largest charities within our service area, providing over $1.1 million annually of support and access to our programs and services.
With a staff complement of 1200+ full and part-time staff, combined with over 1,000 volunteers and donors, and an operating budget of $39 million, the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka serves over 30,000 annual members and participants through its eight membership centres in Barrie, Collingwood, Gravenhurst, Innisfil, Midland, Orillia, Parry Sound, and Wasaga Beach; 3,000 Child Care families across a number of communities; registers 5,000 day campers in addition to 1000 overnight campers at YMCA Camp Kitchikewana on Beausoleil Island; over 15,000 people through leadership development, outdoor education and family programs at YMCA Geneva Park; and counsels over 20,000 people in several community development programs.
As our Mission Statement affirms, “My Y is dedicated to the growth of all persons in spirit, mind and body, and to their sense of belonging to each other and the global community.” Our Vision for the future is “My Y inspires people to reach their full potential.”
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the General Manager and other Centre staff as assigned and to ensure that all information systems and revenue collection procedures are working effectively and efficiently.
• Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada.
• Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
• Administration: to ensure that Membership Centre administrative duties are conducted in an efficient and timely manner according to the practices in the Membership Sales and Service staff and administrative handbooks.
– Manage and distribute petty cash
– Cash out summaries, bank transactions
– Payment processing and follow up
– Process statistic summaries and correspondence as required
– Coordinate second party billings (ie insurance companies, CAS)
– Conduct financial assistance interviews
• Systems Management: work closely with Finance Department staff to ensure that systems are operating efficiently.
– Troubleshoot system problems, errors and deficiencies
– Prepare and check PAP transmissions (semi-monthly, monthly, as well as one week prior to transmission)
– Closely track and resolve NSF, bad debts and holds. Report significant monthly deficiencies immediately
• Communication: Maintain an efficient flow of information to ensure that service staff, senior staff and Association Services are well informed
• Presence: Act as the Manager on Duty or Customer Service Representative as assigned (see job descriptions)
• Influence/Teamwork: Work closely with the General Manager and Department Supervisors to promote efficiency and accuracy. Articulate deficiencies and follow up to ensure resolution. Provide support or education where needed.
• Philanthropy: Provide all necessary administrative support to the General Manager and the Campaign Team. Maintain an open line of communication with the Finance and Financial Development Departments by providing information or support as required by the campaign plan.
• Adherence to all provincial and federal legislation relevant to job description.
• College Diploma or Formal Technical Training
• Proven Customer Service Experience
• Computer Literate/Systems Management Experience
• SAM 2.0 Training
• Emergency Procedures Training
• Current First Aid and CPR Certification
• Must be able to work flexible hours based on client needs
• AODA training
• Health & Safety Awareness training
• Bill 168 (Violence & Harassment in the Workplace) training
• Mandated training (including AODA, Workplace Violence & Harassment, Health & Safety Awareness, Child Protection, etc.) is required before or shortly after commencement of work
• Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
Qualified candidates who wish to be considered are invited to send a resume and cover letter to:
Supervisor, Membership Sales, Service and Involvement
YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Applications will remain open until Feb 28, 2017
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department.