JOB TITLE: Adult Fitness Leader & Wellness Coach
LOCATION: YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka – Barrie, ON
PLACEMENT: Immediate, Part Time
ABOUT THE YMCA OF SIMCOE/MUSKOKA:
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka currently serves over 125,000 people in Simcoe and Muskoka Counties in Central Ontario.
With a staff complement of 900+ full and part-time staff, combined with over 1,000 volunteers and donors, and an operating budget of $33 million, the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka serves over 30,000 annual members and participants through its eight membership centres in Barrie, Collingwood, Gravenhurst, Innisfil, Midland, Orillia, Parry Sound, and Wasaga Beach; 3,000 Child Care families across a number of communities; registers 4,000 day campers in addition to 800 residence campers at YMCA Camp Kitchikewana on Beausoleil Island; over 15,000 people through leadership development, outdoor education and family programs at YMCA Geneva Park; and counsels over 20,000 people in several employment centres, including Huntsville and Parry Sound.
As our Mission Statement affirms, “My Y is dedicated to the growth of all persons in spirit, mind and body, and to their sense of belonging to each other and the global community”. Our Vision for the future is “My Y inspires people to reach their full potential”.
The Wellness Coach is responsible for ensuring a safe environment and delivering quality, values based health and wellness programming and services to Adults and Youth.
• Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada
• Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
• Provide assistance and information to each member, participant, and potential member
• Build and maintain relationships with members and participants through deliberate dialogue and interaction
• Be visible and approachable while on duty in program and service delivery. Maintain a strong presence and engage in on-floor health education, fitness leadership and individual coaching
• Communicate all deficiencies and problems to the Supervisor, Adult Fitness for coordinated resolution
• Stay informed ensuring that all necessary changes, updates and general information is communicated effectively to members
• Plan, organize and deliver adult fitness programs and services (group and individual). Maintain records as needed including program area maintenance items and daily checklists
• Deliver service friendly, Adult Fitness programming. Monitor and maintain high quality instruction and customer service, adhering to YMCA SAM Standards and best practices
• Monitor and maintain a high level of ongoing member participation in the programs you are responsible for
• Ensure safety and security of YMCA members and participants at all times
• Provide excellence in member service, adhering to YMCA SAM Standards
• Actively work towards maintaining a neat, clean, safe and well organized area at all times.
• Degree or Diploma in Related Field Preferred
• Recognized Personal Training and Group Fitness Certifications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Computer Literate/Systems Management
• First Aid and CPR Certification
• Clear Police Record Check
Qualified candidates who wish to be considered are invited to send a resume and cover letter to:
Niki Campbell – Supervisor, Individual Conditioning
Applications will remain open until August 30, 2013.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.