JOB TITLE: Cleaner
LOCATION: Barrie YMCA
DEPARTMENT: Cleaning & Maintenance
ABOUT THE YMCA OF SIMCOE/MUSKOKA:
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka currently serves over 125,000 people in Simcoe County and the Districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound in Central Ontario. The YMCA is one of the largest charities within our service area, providing over $1.1 million annually of support and access to our programs and services.
With a staff complement of 1200+ full and part-time staff, combined with over 1,000 volunteers and donors, and an operating budget of $39 million, the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka serves over 30,000 annual members and participants through its eight membership centres in Barrie, Collingwood, Gravenhurst, Innisfil, Midland, Orillia, Parry Sound, and Wasaga Beach; 3,000 Child Care families across a number of communities; registers 5,000 day campers in addition to 1000 overnight campers at YMCA Camp Kitchikewana on Beausoleil Island; over 15,000 people through leadership development, outdoor education and family programs at YMCA Geneva Park; and counsels over 20,000 people in several community development programs.
As our Mission Statement affirms, “My Y is dedicated to the growth of all persons in spirit, mind and body, and to their sense of belonging to each other and the global community.” Our Vision for the future is “My Y inspires people to reach their full potential.”
The Cleaner is responsible for maintaining the facility in ‘as new’ condition by ensuring a high standard of cleaning and general maintenance.
• http://ymcaofsimcoemuskoka.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/LocalJobPostings.jpgDemonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada.
• Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
• Maintain a high level of cleaning at all times as per defined and documented YMCA protocols, practices and standards.
• Duties may include the following (performed throughout the shift, as required): Lift and carry cleaning tools and equipment, Push or pull cleaning tools/equipment/materials, Push or pull chairs and table carts to locations in the building, Set-up and take down tables and chairs for events, Tidy fitness room (including picking up free weights), Mopping (dry and wet), Sweeping floors, Floor scrubbing, Dusting (low and high), Wiping surfaces, Vacuuming, Window Washing, Cleaning mirrors, Toilet cleaning, Changing light bulbs and ceiling tiles, Cleaning vents and tops of lockers, Pool Chemical testing/Pool computer readings, Storage stocking, Restocking vending machines, Emptying garbage’s, Emptying towel bags, Shoveling snow / spreading de-icer on walkways, Raking/mowing/caring for garden beds
• Respond to general maintenance requirements and other duties when assigned by supervisor or General Manager.
• Communicate all system malfunctions, mechanical deficiencies and service disruptions to the Supervisor, Cleaning and Maintenance or Manager on Duty.
• Communicate effectively with co-workers and night staff to ensure transfer of information necessary for effective facility operations.
• Adherence to all provincial and federal legislation relevant to job description.
• Maintain all Health and Safety requirements/qualifications, including but not limited to WHMIS, Employee Health and Safety, etc.
• Respond to safety, service and security issues in a respectful, courteous and effective manner.
• Strong practical knowledge of cleaning procedures, standards and practices.
• WHMIS Certification
• Physical readiness to work
• SAM Training
• Emergency Training
• Current First Aid/CPR certification
• Child Protection orientation
• AODA training
• Health & Safety Awareness training
• Bill 168 (Violence & Harassment in the Workplace) training
• Must be able to work flexible hours based on client needs
• Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
• Mandated training (including AODA, Workplace Violence & Harassment, Health & Safety Awareness, Child Protection, etc.) is required before or shortly after commencement of work
Qualified candidates who wish to be considered are invited to send a resume and cover letter to:
Supervisor of Cleaning and Maintenance
YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Applications will remain open until April 7th 2017.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department.