JOB TITLE: Computer Literacy Instructor
LOCATION: Huntsville, ON
DEPARTMENT: Employment Services
PAY BAND: 3
PLACEMENT: Part-Time, Term Appointment (November 2013- June 2014)b>
ABOUT THE YMCA OF SIMCOE/MUSKOKA:
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka currently serves over 125,000 people in Simcoe and Muskoka Counties in Central Ontario.
With a staff complement of 900+ full and part-time staff, combined with over 1,000 volunteers and donors, and an operating budget of $33 million, the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka serves over 30,000 annual members and participants through its eight membership centres in Barrie, Collingwood, Gravenhurst, Innisfil, Midland, Orillia, Parry Sound, and Wasaga Beach; 3,000 Child Care families across a number of communities; registers 4,000 day campers in addition to 800 residence campers at YMCA Camp Kitchikewana on Beausoleil Island; over 15,000 people through leadership development, outdoor education and family programs at YMCA Geneva Park; and counsels over 20,000 people in several employment centres, including Huntsville and Parry Sound.
As our Mission Statement affirms, “My Y is dedicated to the growth of all persons in spirit, mind and body, and to their sense of belonging to each other and the global community”. Our Vision for the future is “My Y inspires people to reach their full potential”.
The YMCA Literary Services provides literacy and basic skills instruction to adults, 19 years of age and over. The Computer Literacy instructor will assist in the delivery of the new Ontario Adult Literacy Curriculum Framework (OALCF) program through small group instruction and small group workshops. The instructor will focus on creating and facilitating computer literacy and e-learning classes for both tutors and learners in the computer lab. Some evening hours will be required. The instructor will report to the Program Coordinator.
• Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada.
• Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
• To research current curricula and adapt as necessary for the learners.
• To facilitate small group workshops in the areas of specific employment skills, communications, mathematics, computer use and life skills.
• To work closely with the Program Coordinator to determine needs within the community and to plan and deliver appropriate programs to address these needs.
• Represent the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka as per standards outlined in the YMCA policy.
• Other duties as required and/or assigned by Program Coordinator
• Strong presentation and teaching skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and organizational skills
• High level of customer service skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated sensitivity to diversity
• Experience working with multi-level adult learners
• Excellent computer skills
• Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting persons with literacy and learning challenges and with learning disabilities
• Flexibility regarding assigned work hours
Qualified candidates who wish to be considered are invited to send a resume and cover letter to:
Eileen Lee Program Coordinator,
Literacy Services-Huntsville YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Applications will remain open until October 21, 2013
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.