JOB TITLE: Daytime Custodian
LOCATION: YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka – Geneva Park
SUPERVISOR: Manager, Housekeeper and Custodial
PLACEMENT: March 18, 2014
ABOUT THE YMCA:
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka currently serves over 125,000 people in Simcoe and Muskoka Counties in Central Ontario.
With a staff complement of 900+ full and part-time staff, combined with over 1,000 volunteers and donors, and an operating budget of $33 million, the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka serves over 30,000 annual members and participants through its eight membership centres in Barrie, Collingwood, Gravenhurst, Innisfil, Midland, Orillia, Parry Sound, and Wasaga Beach; 3,000 Child Care families across a number of communities; registers 4,000 day campers in addition to 800 residence campers at YMCA Camp Kitchikewana on Beausoleil Island; over 15,000 people through leadership development, outdoor education and family programs at YMCA Geneva Park; and counsels over 20,000 people in several employment centres, including Huntsville and Parry Sound.
As our Mission Statement affirms, “The YMCA is a charity that excels in strengthening our communities by providing opportunities for all to grow in Spirit, Mind and Body.” Our Vision is to be recognized as the community leader in lifelong health and personal growth.
Ensure that all meeting rooms and conference areas are cleaned and set up for incoming groups. Does audio/visual set ups and assists other general custodial duties including minor maintenance as required.
• Ensures Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn and is CSA approved )job specific: employee supplies (green patch safety boots/greenpatch safety shoes & rubber boots) company supplies (protective eyewear, ear plugs, ear muffs, fall arrest harnesses & breathing apparatus
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Cleans and sets up meeting rooms ready for incoming groups as per instructions from the Conference Department.
• Operates cleaning equipment such as vacuums, & carpet cleaner.
• Keep custodial cupboards and night staff closets stocked with a good supply of paper stock and cleaning supplies.
• Will be trained to install, operate and maintain audiovisual equipment (as required).
• Tends to guest requests as required.
• Tops up heating/cooling ballast in the Centennial Centre.
• Maintains clean areas such as meeting rooms, washrooms, office areas, shower rooms, public areas, staff areas, lobbies and windows.
• Will work on program areas such as cleaning and set ups as required.
• Informs the Night Custodian shift of any deficiencies or follow ups that are required for the evening in the absence of custodial/housekeeping manager or custodial supervisor.
• Undertakes other reasonable tasks in support of YMCA Geneva Park, which the General Manager may assign from time to time.
• Secondary Education
• Previous cleaning experience
• Proven Customer Service Experience
• Clear Police Reference & Vulnerable Sector Check
• Certificates: Fall arrest, Scaffolding, Ladder and Propane Exchange
• First Aid and CPR Certification & AED
• Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
• Communication / Listening
• Concern for Health and Safety
• Service Orientation
• Problem solving
Qualified candidates who wish to be considered are invited to send a resume and cover letter to:
Manager of Housekeeping and Custodial services – Geneva Park
YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Applications will remain open until April 1 2014.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.