Employment Workshops | YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
image description
  • YMCA Workshop calendar
  • YMCA Job Board
  • Huntsville YMCA Workshop scedule
  • Huntsville YMCA Workshop scedule

Employment Workshops

YMCA Employment Services offers workshops designed and proven to help clients with job search and career decision making.

Transferable Skills
What Skills do YOU possess for success? Assess your Employability Skills. Highlight the TOP SKILLS that you can market to potential employers!

Resume Writing
Starts with resume basics… identify your key skills and direct them toward that perfect job description. Target your resume today!

Cover Letter Writing
Learn to effectively apply for work using a targeted cover letter. Attract attention, compel interest and spark the employer’s interest to know more. Take the opportunity to make a great 1st impression!

Experienced Worker
Market your experience and maturity. Highlight the benefits you offer as a mature employee.

Electronic Job Search
What is an electronic resume? Discover your keywords, the do’s and don’ts of applying online and how to post your resume.

Talking to Employers
You don’t get a second chance to create a good first impression! Learn the best way to present yourself to employers. Make a great impression when meeting them for the first time at a job fair, or interview.

Interview Techniques, Mock Interview
Preparing for an interview can increase confidence and soothe nerves. Learn to phrase answers that will produce your best results. Learn how to research and ask questions that demonstrate your interest and ability.

Job Search Tips
Effectively organize your job search, reduce anxiety, and increase motivation. Only 20% of jobs are advertised. Learn how to find the other 80%.

Additional Workshops
A range of life skills workshops are available to you according to the needs determined. Please request details from anyone on the ERC staff.

Personality Dimensions
Look at character types in a fun and educational way. Discover your natural strengths and talents. Learn to discuss and counteract potential job related weaknesses.

Portfolio Creation
For assistance in creating a portfolio of your accomplishments contact the YMCA Employment Services location.

Learn Speak Live English classes. Click here to learn how!

Pre-registration is required for all seminars to ensure space and appropriate materials. The YMCA reserves the right to cancel/reschedule workshops due to insufficient bookings.

Email a staff member with your questions:
HuntsvilleParry SoundMidland

This Employment Ontario Service is funded in part by the Government of Canada.