Wage Subsidy Program
Wage Subsidy Program for Employees
Wage subsidies are designed to support employers who help unemployed workers enter or re-enter the workforce and maintain employment, employers may receive financial support for on-the-job training, including apprenticeship training, and work experience opportunities.
Wage Subsidy Eligibility
To be eligible for a wage subsidy, an employer must:
• be licensed to operate in Ontario;
• provide employment in Ontario;
• demonstrate the ability to provide the trainee with adequate supervision and the training described in the training plan;
• place trainees on the company’s payroll and provide the same employment terms, conditions and benefits as regular employees;
• comply with all applicable legislation, including federal/provincial human rights legislation, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Employment Standards Act, and freedom of information and protection of privacy legislation;
• maintain appropriate WSIB or private workplace insurance coverage and have adequate third party general liability insurance;
Employment Wage Subsidy | YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
A Job Developer in one of our employment service centres can help you identify employment opportunities suitable for an Ontario wage subsidy. Give us a call, or fill out the contact form and we’ll contact you!
YMCA Employment Services:
Parry Sound: 705-746-8480