How your donation to the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka makes a difference:
• All children and youth are happier, and have a higher life expectancy than their parents.
• People know their neighbours, respect diversity and thrive on a sense of belonging.
• We share a sense of social responsibility within our community by working together.
• People experience better health in spirit, mind and body.
• Families thrive. Seniors thrive. Youth thrive.
Make a life-changing donation today to the YMCA
I am here to provide a way to make a difference in the lives of kids, youth, families and seniors who need your help the most. Give me a call, or send me an email. I look forward to building a healthier community with you.
Alex joined the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka in 2011 and is currently the Manager of Annual Giving. His passion to strengthen the community through charitable efforts is demonstrated in his current role as he is responsible for annual fundraising efforts across eight YMCA centres, cultivating and stewarding annual donors, coordinating the annual fundraiser, Move to Give, and facilitating proposals for service groups and community partners.
A long time YMCA volunteer and employee, Alex started his career working as a summer camp counsellor on beautiful Beausoleil Island where he discovered his love of nature and passion for working with kids. He then worked at the YMCA of Western Ontario, YMCA Camp Pine Crest, and YMCA of Greater Toronto in various roles including camping, child youth and aquatics, membership service and cleaning and maintenance.
Alex is a member of Rotary International, presently the district Rotaract chair. When not volunteering and giving back to his community, you can find Alex and his wife Emily spending time outdoors, enjoying nature.