Membership Sales & Service
JOB TITLE: Membership Sales & Service
LOCATION: YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka – Parry Sound
DEPARTMENT: Health, Fitness & Aquatics
ABOUT THE YMCA OF SIMCOE/MUSKOKA:
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka currently serves over 125,000 people in Simcoe County and the Districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound in Central Ontario. The YMCA is one of the largest charities within our service area, providing over $1.1 million annually of support and access to our programs and services.
With a staff complement of 1200+ full and part-time staff, combined with over 1,000 volunteers and donors, and an operating budget of $39 million, the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka serves over 30,000 annual members and participants through its eight membership centres in Barrie, Collingwood, Gravenhurst, Innisfil, Midland, Orillia, Parry Sound, and Wasaga Beach; 3,000 Child Care families across a number of communities; registers 5,000 day campers in addition to 1000 overnight campers at YMCA Camp Kitchikewana on Beausoleil Island; over 15,000 people through leadership development, outdoor education and family programs at YMCA Geneva Park; and counsels over 20,000 people in several community development programs.
As our Mission Statement affirms, “My Y is dedicated to the growth of all persons in spirit, mind and body, and to their sense of belonging to each other and the global community.” Our Vision for the future is “My Y inspires people to reach their full potential.”
The Membership Sales and Service staff members are responsible for achieving sales targets, delivering exceptional service and for processing transactions in an accurate and efficient manner.
• Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada.
• Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
• Deliver exceptional customer service as per YMCA SAM Standards and best practices.
• Achieve sales targets as defined by the Supervisor, Sales and Service.
• Complete all transactions in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
• Actively work towards maintaining a neat, clean, safe and well organized service area at all times.
• Maintain a strong working knowledge of all YMCA programs and services.
• Respond to inquiries in a clear, informed manner. Explore customer needs with probing questions to ensure that patrons understand the broad range of YMCA programs and services.
• Engage in friendly, open dialogue with members and patrons to promote a sense of belonging and involvement.
• Communicate all service and safety deficiencies to the Manager on Duty in a timely manner for resolution.
• Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to members, participants, volunteers and staff.
• Complete all other duties as assigned.
• Adherence to all provincial and federal legislation relevant to job description.
• Proven Customer Service Experience
• Computer Literate
• Excellent Oral Communication Skills
• Unison Training
• SAM Training
• 7 Steps of Selling Training
• Adult Engagement & IC Level # 1 Certification
• Emergency Training
• Current CPR and First Aid
• Child Protection orientation
• AODA training
• Health & Safety Awareness training
• Bill 168 (Violence & Harassment in the Workplace) training
• Mandated training (including AODA, Workplace Violence & Harassment, Health & Safety Awareness, Child Protection, etc.) is required before or shortly after commencement of work
• Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
• Must be able to work flexible hours based on client needs
Qualified candidates who wish to be considered are invited to send a resume and cover letter to:
Coordinator of Membership Sales & Service, Parry Sound YMCA
YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Applications will remain open until March 14th, 2017
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department.