Kids Fitness Programs | Orillia YMCA
Fitness Classes to Keep Your Child Fit & Healthy
A quick paced game for all ages. Players will learn basic skills; improve hand-eye coordination and overall physical fitness.
This program provides the opportunity for children to develop passing, dribbling and shooting skills, while learning the rules of the game and playing in a cooperative and supportive setting.
A high intensity, low choreography body conditioning class that works both strength and stamina. This class is a dynamic and challenging workout combining cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength and endurance exercises.
An opportunity for families to get involved in physical activity together with the support of YMCA staff or volunteers while we introduce our youngest members to recreational activities and help establish a foundation for active living. A parent or guardian must be present and is encouraged to participate.
A dance-based family fitness class that incorporates fun, safe and easy to follow dance moves with Latin Flavour.
This program provides the opportunity for children to learn the fundamentals of ball handling, shooting and passing, while learning the rules of the game and playing in a cooperative and supportive setting.
Cycle is a great cardio workout appropriate for all fitness levels. Participants are able to adjust their workout to match their individual fitness level.
Parent & Tot fitness
This social setting will promote and encourage fun fitness activities for children and their families. A variety of exercises and progressions will be geared toward a 2-5 year old, but incorporating and encouraging parent/guardian participation.
Participants have the opportunity to interact with others and increase their gross motor skills and self-confidence through participation in games, sports and playing on the gym equipment. Preschool Gym requires parents or guardians to sign in/out their child. Parents and guardians must stay in the facility while their child is participating in preschool gym.
Indoor soccer is a great opportunity for children to learn the great game of soccer while developing basic motor skills.
This program allows children and youth to develop and practice volleyball skills, while learning the rules of the game.
A variety of activities including active and creative options, Y Kids weekly programs may include but is not limited to the following activities:
• Art: your child will have the opportunity to explore a variety of different art activities each week. This program is a great opportunity for your child to try something new
• Sports & Games: Our recreational sports and games programs promote and encourage participation regardless of ability level and allow participants to develop skills in a variety of sports
• Dance: Can you feel the music? This dance class is a great way to have fun and stay active. Learn a variety of dance styles as you work towards an end of session show.
• Fitness: Be inspired by activities such as Yoga and Zumba to get active in fun and creative ways!
• Chefs: Your child will learn how to choose and prepare a healthy snack each week. Menu planning will be based on Canada’s Food Guide for healthy active living.
• Outdoor Explorers: Your child will experience nature and seasonal wonders through outdoor activities. Weather permitting; each class will include a different outdoor activity such as snow art, nature collages, bug hunts and fall colours. Please ensure your child is dressed appropriately.
A chance for 10-16 year olds to come and hang out at the YMCA and be with friends. Try activities such as basketball, air hockey, foosball or go for a swim.
This program provides youth with the knowledge and guidance to comfortably and safely use the YMCA Wellness Centre. A YMCA Wellness Coach will review safe equipment use and help set up a fitness program. (Each level is a five week program)
• Level 1: Cardio Training
• Level 2: Strength Training
• Level 3: Advanced Strength Training (optional)