DATE: June 11, 2015
JOB TITLE: Tuck Shop Cook
LOCATION: YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
DEPARTMENT: Geneva Park Food Services
PAY BAND: 1
PLACEMENT: Full-time, Seasonal (immediately-Sept 7th, 2015)
ABOUT THE YMCA OF SIMCOE/MUSKOKA:
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka currently serves over 125,000 people in Simcoe County and the Districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound in Central Ontario.
With a staff complement of 1200+ full and part-time staff, combined with over 1,000 volunteers and donors, and an operating budget of $39 million, the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka serves over 30,000 annual members and participants through its eight membership centres in Barrie, Collingwood, Gravenhurst, Innisfil, Midland, Orillia, Parry Sound, and Wasaga Beach; 3,000 Child Care families across a number of communities; registers 4,000 day campers in addition to 800 overnight campers at YMCA Camp Kitchikewana on Beausoleil Island; over 15,000 people through leadership development, outdoor education and family programs at YMCA Geneva Park; and counsels over 20,000 people in several community development programs.
As our Mission Statement affirms, “My Y is dedicated to the growth of all persons in spirit, mind and body, and to their sense of belonging to each other and the global community.” Our Vision for the future is “My Y inspires people to reach their full potential.”
Prepares food orders as per the guest’s request.
• Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada.
• Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
• Opening and closing procedures for the Tuck Shop
• Placing orders with the appropriate and designated suppliers (food, beverage etc).
• The float in the cash register.
• Cooking food orders properly and to the guests specifications.
• Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in the area (kitchen, dry storage, dining area and outside deck).
• Proper rotation of stock.
• Receiving and storage of all products.
• Assisting in the training of all support staff (cooking, cleanliness, operation of cash register, slushy machine, proper temperature of all cooking equipment and proper refrigeration temperatures).
• Maintaining interdepartmental transfers (food from main kitchen to Tuck Shop and from Tuck Shop to main kitchen).
• Adherence to all provincial and federal legislation relevant to job description.
• Undertakes other reasonable tasks in support of YMCA Geneva Park, which the General Manager may assign from time to time.
• Secondary Education
• Knowledge & experience in fast food cooking
• Sanitary handling of food
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment dealing with children & adults.
• Proven Customer Service Experience
• First Aid and CPR Certification
• Child Protection orientation
• AODA training
• Health & Safety Awareness training
• Bill 168 (Violence & Harassment in the Workplace) training
• Mandated training is required before or shortly after commencement of work
• Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
• Must be able to work flexible hours based on client needs
Qualified candidates who wish to be considered are invited to send a resume and cover letter to:
Manager, Food Services
YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Applications will remain open until July 10, 2015.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.