Local Job Postings
Join Our Team
Location: Immigrant Services
Department: Immigrant Services
Placement: Part-time Term (Sept 2018- June 2019)
Closes: July 27, 2018
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka currently serves over 125,000 people in Simcoe County and the Districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound in Central Ontario. The YMCA is one of the largest charities within our service area, providing over $1.1 million annually of support and access to our programs and services.
With a staff complement of 1200+ full and part-time staff, combined with over 1,000 volunteers and donors, and an operating budget of $39 million, the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka serves over 30,000 annual members and participants through its eight membership centres in Barrie, Collingwood, Gravenhurst, Innisfil, Midland, Orillia, Parry Sound, and Wasaga Beach; 3,000 Child Care families across a number of communities; registers 5,000 day campers in addition to 1500 overnight campers at YMCA Camp Kitchikewana on Beausoleil Island; over 15,000 people through leadership development, outdoor education and family programs at YMCA Geneva Park; and counsels over 20,000 people in several community development programs.
As our Mission Statement affirms, “My Y is dedicated to the growth of all persons in spirit, mind and body, and to their sense of belonging to each other and the global community.” Our Vision for the future is “My Y inspires people to reach their full potential.”
Immigrant Services provides childcare for the children of parents registered in the language training program. The Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Lead E.C.E. and is responsible for the implementation of an age appropriate, culturally sensitive program to ensure the health, safety and well-being of the children registered in keeping with our mission, vision and values.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
- Creates and implements an age appropriate program, including music and arts components, in accordance with Care for
- Newcomer Children Requirements.
- Implements activities that promote respect for the values, customs and traditions of other cultures.
- Participates in the preparation of snacks provided by the parents and cleaning up of snacks and activities.
- Monitors children with respect to their safety, health, and well-being.
- Provides emotional stability for children experiencing separation anxiety or distress and is aware of different cultures ways of dealing with separation.
- Maintains positive communication with parents on a daily basis as well as children and co-workers.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information related to the children, their families, and staff of the YMCA.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Adherence to all provincial and federal legislation relevant to job description.
- Represents the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka in a professional manner.
- Grade 12 completed, plus up to 1 year experience.
- Up to date first aid and CPR training
- Knowledge of another language and experience in working with Newcomers to Canada highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of CMAS and Care for Newcomer Children Program an asset
- Must be able to work flexible hours based on client needs
- Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Mandated training (including AODA, Workplace Violence & Harassment, Health & Safety Awareness, Child Protection, PCI
- Compliance, etc.) is required before or shortly after commencement of work
Qualified candidates who wish to be considered are invited to send a resume and cover letter to:
Lizzie Chalas, Supervisor of Care for Newcomer Children’s Program
YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Applications will remain open until July 27th, 2018
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department.