Local Job Postings
Join Our Team
Adult Programmer & Membership Sales
Location: Parry Sound
Department: Health, Fitness & Aquatics
Placement: Part Time
Closes: Feb 28, 2018
About the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka:
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka currently serves over 125,000 people in Simcoe County and the Districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound in Central Ontario. The YMCA is one of the largest charities within our service area, providing over $1.1 million annually of support and access to our programs and services.
With a staff complement of 1200+ full and part-time staff, combined with over 1,000 volunteers and donors, and an operating budget of $39 million, the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka serves over 30,000 annual members and participants through its eight membership centres in Barrie, Collingwood, Gravenhurst, Innisfil, Midland, Orillia, Parry Sound, and Wasaga Beach; 5,000 Child Care families across a number of communities; registers 5,000 day campers in addition to 1,500 overnight campers at YMCA Camp Kitchikewana on Beausoleil Island; over 15,000 people through leadership development, outdoor education and family programs at YMCA Geneva Park; and counsels over 20,000 people in several community development programs.
As our Mission Statement affirms, “My Y is dedicated to the growth of all persons in spirit, mind and body, and to their sense of belonging to each other and the global community.” Our Vision for the future is “My Y inspires people to reach their full potential.”
The Adult Programmer & Membership Sales is responsible for ensuring a safe environment and delivering quality, values based programming and services.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
- Build and maintain relationships with members and participants through deliberate dialogue and interaction.
- Be visible and approachable while on duty in program and service delivery. Maintain a strong presence and engage in on-floor health education, fitness leadership and individual coaching.
- Achieve sales targets as defined by the Supervisor, Sales and Service.
- Stay informed ensuring that all necessary changes, updates and general information is communicated effectively to members.
- Plan, organize and deliver fitness programs and services (group and individual). Maintain records as needed including program area maintenance items and daily checklists.
- Deliver service friendly, fitness programming. Monitor and maintain high quality instruction and customer service, adhering to YMCA SAM Standards and best practices.
- Monitor and maintain a high level of ongoing member participation in the programs you are responsible for.
- To be responsible for the safety and security of YMCA members and participants at all times:
- Respond to members concerns in a helpful and positive manner.
- Support and work as part of a staff/volunteer team to ensure that all members’ YMCA experience is a positive one.
- Ensure the uninterrupted delivery of membership programs and services.
- Actively work towards maintaining a neat, clean, safe and well organized area at all times.
- • Degree or Diploma in Related Field Preferred
- Proven Customer Service Experience
- Experience teaching fitness classes or interest in learning to teach them preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer Literate/Systems Management
- Standard First Aid and CPR C Certification
- Must be able to work flexible hours based on client needs
- Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Mandated training (including AODA, Workplace Violence & Harassment, Health & Safety Awareness, Child Protection, PCI Compliance, etc.) is required before or shortly after commencement of work
Qualified candidates who wish to be considered are invited to send a resume and cover letter to:
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department.