MVT Canadian Bus
MVT Canadian Bus Inc., proudly operates the conventional and specialized transit service for the City of Barrie from a brand new $22M state-of-the-art facility as part of a 20-year operating contract. The team at MVT is committed to being a company that makes a difference in people’s lives by inspiring our employees, treating our customers as part of the family, and making our communities even better places to live.
We Provide Freedom – Community Mechanics Needed
Our Barrie Transit team is seeking full-time Mechanics to perform preventative maintenance, diagnosis, service and repair on Transit Buses, Specialized Buses, Route Supervisors Vehicles and Service Truck to meet Company, Contractual and Ministry of Transportation of Ontario requirements.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Diagnosing, examining, and investigating to determine causes of defective operation of engines, transmissions, differential units, generators, starters, pumps, air suspension systems, pneumatic systems, radiators, injectors, clutches, air conditioning systems, and other vehicle components with the use of computer diagnostic equipment, pressure gauges, etc.
* Determining proper course of action to facilitate vehicle repair, maintenance, adjustment, and component replacement
* Maintaining, adjusting, and/or repairing all bus systems, components, and parts including hydraulic and electrical systems, brakes, front ends, and air conditioning systems to ensure the operational fitness of vehicles.
* Operating buses in order to diagnose component failure or move disabled buses when required.
* Communicating and consulting with all levels of employees.
* Performing related duties, as required.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* A valid Ontario Truck and Coach Technician Certificate (310 T)
* Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in preventative maintenance practices
* Possess three (3) year’s driving experience and an acceptable driving record
* Flexible to various shifts including days, weekends, holidays and evenings
* Able to pass a Criminal Background Check
Benefits of Working at MVT:
* An opportunity to work close to home and minimize your commute time
* Challenging and rewarding work providing safe transport to members of the public
* Ability to work independently in a state-of-the-art facility
* A variety of work schedules (we operate 7 days a week)
* Paid training
* Company paid uniforms, RRSP, benefits and paid vacation
* Room for growth/advancement
Wages: range from $33.45 up to $36.54 per hour
Applicant can apply online at: careers.mvtransit.com
Job Site Location: Barrie
Advertise Until: Dec 31, 2021
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.mvtransit.com.