Kerrwil Publications Limited
Kerrwil Publications is based in Midland, Ontario and is a leader in national print and digital publishing for the Recreational Marine and Electrical Trade sectors. We are a Team focused operation and seek positive, motivated, passionate and enthusiastic self-starters to join our Team. Read more about Kerrwil publications at www.kerrwil.com
Kerrwil Publications, located in Midland, Ontario is seeking a Full Time Accountant / Bookkeeper.
We are looking for an accounting professional to oversee our company’s financial data and various compliance needs by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and bank reconciliations. The role will include daily accounting functions such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments. This role will include assistance with basic HR duties like new hire documents, compliance, and temporary disability insurance and workers’ compensation filings etc. The role will report to our executive committee and be responsible to the company’s accountants and legal advisors preparing documents as required for year or other reporting.
We are looking for a team player and someone with a strong customer service orientation and negotiation skills. Your default is a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all you do.
– Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
– Record day to day financial transactions and completing the posting process.
– Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, supplier’s ledger, customer ledger and general ledger.
– Pay Vendor Invoices and track bank balances.
– Bring the books to the trial balance stage.
– Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
– Develop system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; define bookkeeping policies and procedures.
– Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
– Balance subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
– Perform partial checks of the posting process.
– Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
– Balance general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
– Maintain historical records by filing documents.
– Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
– Comply with all government and legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to
requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
– Will be responsible for all government grant filings as required while ensuring compliance and criteria
needs as necessary.
– Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
– Proficient in Quickbooks, with understanding of CRM software programs.
– Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
– Excellent time management and organizational skills – ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
– Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities – written and verbal.
– Strong analytics, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
– A team player with leadership skills.
– Integrity, discretion and confidentiality.
– Pro-active, self-motivated and trustworthy.
– Positive attitude.
– Genuine interest in working in a start-up environment and taking on additional responsibilities when
– Bilingual would be an asset but is not a requirement.
Health and Medical Benefits plan after 3 months.
Wages to be determined based on experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Site Location: Midland
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com