Website Deerhurst Resort
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounting Clerk provides seamless service to hotel
guests, condo / timeshare owners, and colleague inquiries. The Accounting Clerk must have
excellent attention to detail, strong problem-solving abilities, and be comfortable handling and
reconciling large sums of money. This position requires a high degree of organization, strong
analytical skills and sound decision-making abilities. This position requires flexibility with
scheduling and may be scheduled on weekends during group need-periods, month-end or as
business levels dictate. There are two Accounting Clerk positions at the Resort, the current
vacancy is primarily responsible for the Accounts Payable function.
Duties & Responsibilities (Accounts Payable)
• Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, verifying and reconciling
• Charges cost centres by analyzing invoice / expense reports; recording entries
• Responsible for managing the accuracy and timeliness of payments to vendors,
scheduling and preparing cheques with relevant supporting documentation
• Resolving purchase order, contract, invoice or payment discrepancies and
• Ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos.
• Responsible for maintaining the weekly accounts payable cycle.
• Maintains sequential log of all purchase orders issued, completed and outstanding.
• Performs accuracy verification of items received, prices charged and invoice
• Post’s invoice and related data into accounting record daily; verifies accuracy of data
• Prepares approved and signed checks for mailing in a timely manner
• Provides recommendations for process improvements and cost saving opportunities
Duties & Responsibilities (Accounts Receivable)
• Work with Resort Accountant to follow-up on outstanding A/R balances and post
receivables as required.
• Generate invoices, follow-up on past-due accounts and reconcile collections
Responsibilities / Duties – General Accounting
• Maintain condo and timeshare A/R account ledger using Opera OVOS.
• Maintain control over all entries made to condo and timeshare A/R accounts by
operating departments (ie. Deep cleaning, inventory replacement, etc)
• Prepare monthly condo and timeshare owner account statements and cheques;
arrange cheques for signature and mail out according to established timelines.
• Respond diligently to all inquiries relating to condo owner accounts and liaise with
various departments as required.
• Investigate billing and charge inquiries from guests, owners and employees via
telephone and email. Liaise with operating departments and make corrections and
recommendations for changes as required.
Provide general support to A/P, A/R, Payroll and other accounting functions,
including data entry and organizing. This person will become familiar with other
accounting functions to provide support during vacations and absences.
• Provide support during month-end and audits in preparing documents and samples
To apply for this job please visit deerhurstresort.com.