Huntsville Truck Repair
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounting Clerk provides seamless service to hotel guests, condo / timeshare owners, and colleague inquiries. The Accounting Clerk must have excellent attention to detail, strong problem-solving abilities, and be comfortable handling and
reconciling large sums of money. This position requires a high degree of organization, strong analytical skills and sound decision-making abilities. This position requires flexibility with scheduling and may be scheduled on weekends during group need-periods, month-end or as business levels dictate. There are two Accounting Clerk positions at the Resort, the current vacancy is primarily responsible for the Accounts Receivable function.
Duties & responsibilities
Responsibilities / Duties – Accounts Receivable
• Maintain and speak to all balances on Guest Ledger and Accounts Receivable Ledger; liaise with appropriate departments to ensure all balances are settled in a timely manner and in accordance with policy.
• Responsible for reviewing all group contracts/resumes, noting billing requirements, opening accounts, filing, processing deposits, preparing final invoices and collecting final payment.
• Represents Accounting department to group convenors via pre-convention meetings (where required) and liaises with appropriate departments to quickly resolve all billing discrepancies.
• Reconciliation and maintenance of package clearing and house accounts as required. Daily review of package sales/vouchers versus redemption postings into clearing accounts.
• Maintain accounting for Timeshare maintenance fees, send invoices, collect payments and provide commentary / analysis where required.
• Accurately control the hotel’s cash funds according to company policy.
• Reconcile daily activity to system totals, while documenting and following-up on all variances.
• Ensure all deposits prepared balance to bank statement.
Responsibilities / Duties – Accounts Payable
• Enter payables and liaise with vendors as business levels dictate
• Provide internal support to departments regarding purchases, PO status, invoices and payments
Responsibilities / Duties – General Accounting
• Investigate billing and charge inquiries from guests, owners and employees via telephone and email. Liaise with operating departments and make corrections and recommendations for changes as required.
• Provide general support to A/P, A/R, Payroll and other accounting functions, including data entry and organizing. This person will become familiar with other accounting functions to provide support during vacations and absences.
• Provide support during month-end and audits in preparing documents and samples as required.
• All other duties as required
Skills, Abilities & Attributes
• Guest oriented with a sincere, helpful, caring and friendly personality
• Demonstrated ability to modify and understand financial information
• Able to take initiative within given guidelines
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Pays precise attention to detail
• Able to maintain composure and objectivity
• Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Able to adapt in a fast pace, constantly changing environment within a dynamic work schedule
Education & Experience
• Diploma/degree in Hospitality Management and/or Accounting would be an asset.
• Experience within the hotel, resort and restaurant industry would be an asset including knowledge of hotel/resort operations and their relation to the accounting function.
• Strong knowledge in the use of Excel required
• Knowledgeable in accounting software and internet-based software applications; knowledge of Microsoft Navision, Opera PMS or Micros POS would be considered an asset
SALARY – $40,000 – $45,000
To apply for this job please visit deerhurstresort.com.