LabX Media Group
LabX Media Group is a science media company that produces monthly print publications and hosts a variety of digital media platforms and websites.
Why work at LabX Media Group?
– We are an organization that is in high growth mode and have been named to the Globe and Mail’s 2022 Top Growing Companies list and the PROFIT 500: Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies list.
– We have an incredible work culture, with best-in-class employee engagement scores.
– We have a strong focus on career development.
– We offer flexibility to support employees in balancing life priorities and work!
– Health benefits and other employee perks
We are currently looking for an Accounting & Finance Associate to join our team at LabX Media Group. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, and have proven experience with bookkeeping, accounting, or finance. They also take initiative, prioritize tasks, and can regularly meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
– Order reviewing and invoicing.
– Entering financial reporting data into Enterprise Resource Program (ERP)
– Assisting with completing month-end accounting processes (including posting journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, and revenue reconciliation).
– Preparing monthly sales reports.
– Assisting with forecasting of revenues.
– Recording and processing customer payments in the electronic accounting system.
– Working collaboratively with various departments to integrate data on other platforms and synchronize billing with the delivery of service to customers/clients.
– Setting up and maintaining client/customer accounts.
– Identifying issues and errors, investigating discrepancies, and resolving/discussing with manager or customer in resolving these.
– Liaising with customers/clients on various other account issues and providing functional advice/support to the sales team.
– Preparing accounts, reports, and financial statements for customers/clients.
– Preparing weekly/bi-weekly Accounts Receivable reports and managing the AR process by contacting customers/clients to collect on past due accounts.
– Assisting in maintaining the company’s product/service inventory (item and price listings) for the various brands.
– Establishing and maintaining financial records for reporting using various accounting systems.
– Prepare sales forecasts, provides recommendations for collections, accounts, and write-offs.
– Reconciling manual deferred revenue calculations with computerized deferred revenue.
– Assisting all members of the finance and accounting team with various reports and new projects as required.
– Provide other administrative support to the finance and accounting team as required.
Experience & Skills:
– Diploma in accounting, finance or related discipline
– Previous bookkeeping, accounting, or financial experience required
– Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, able to work with a high level of accuracy
– Understanding of industry benchmarks in accounting best practices
– English proficiency
– Proven experience with Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet tools
– Experience with ERP software, preferably NetSuite, is a strong asset
This in an onsite role is open to candidates who are eligible to work in Canada.
334 King St
Unit 2 – LabX Media Group
Employment Term – Full time, regular hours
LabX Media Group is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. Diversity drives innovation: so, we foster a culture where difference is valued. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcome applications from everyone! Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request when contacted for an interview. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit labx.bamboohr.com.