Town of Penetanguishene
Administration Assistant – Casual
Temporary, Casual Position
Competition # 2021-13
The Town of Penetanguishene is looking for two Administrative Assistant’s to join our team on a casual on call basis. The Administrative Assistant’s will provide support and coverage for various Town departments.
Duties will include front-line customer service, managing multi-line phone systems to direct calls,
administrative duties, and special projects, as required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide excellent customer service over the phone and in person for various Town departments, including Finance, Planning and Community Development, Public Works, and Fire and Emergency
• Provide departmental coverage during staff absences.
• Provide information and assistance regarding customer related queries regarding Town services.
• Assist customers with questions regarding the completion of forms or applications.
• Respond to general public inquiries via telephone and in person at the front counter.
• Assist with the distribution of incoming mail.
• Receive and process customer payments for sales of licences, dog tags, permits, and other items.
• Assist with organizing and maintaining files, as per the Town’s retention policy.
• Other administrative duties or projects, as assigned.
• A Secondary School Diploma is required.
• Bilingual in both official languages (French and English) is an asset.
• Strong computer skills using the Microsoft office suite including Word and Excel, internet and email programs, and related office equipment.
• Must have good math skills and experience in cash payment processes.
• Ability to convey information in a concise fashion.
• Ability to analytically determine customer needs and provide appropriate assistance
• Well organized and able to deal with multiple priorities.
• Knowledge of basic Occupational Health and Safety practices is important.
Compensation: The current rate of pay for this position is $17.42 per hour, this is a casual position with no
guaranteed hours. The end date for this contract will be December 24th, 2021.
Interested individuals are asked to forward their resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department by email firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 4:30 p.m. on May 14th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In
accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information
collected will only be used for candidate selection.
The Town is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. Please inform us if you
require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com