- Full Time
- Parry Sound — Parry Sound and area
- Closing date: Feb 4, 2022
Township of The Archipelago
Administrative Assistant – 12 Month Contract– job post
The Township of The Archipelago is currently seeking candidates for a full time/12 month contract position (with possibility of extension) of Administrative Assistant.
This position provides clerical support to the Administration Department and will act as the Front Desk Receptionist for the Township office located in downtown Parry Sound.
- Certificate or Diploma in Office Administration, Business Administration or a related field.
- Previous experience working with the general public, with preference given to candidates with experience in a Municipal environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good judgement and the ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of office management and computer systems/programs.
- Ability to organize Departmental activities, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Organizational skills to prioritize and complete tasks within appropriate time frames.
- Good problem solving skills and a commitment to confidentiality and professional ethics.
- Responsible for public facing operations at the Township office, including greeting the public and answering questions about municipal facilities and services.
- Act as (1st) General Telephone Receptionist for the Township office. Screen and refer incoming telephone calls to appropriate Department staff members or take messages for absent or unavailable staff members.
- Perform day-to-day clerical and administrative tasks, including filing, data entry, maintaining administration files and record systems, cash receipting, managing incoming and outgoing mail, and monitoring the general information email account.
- Provide administrative assistance to one or more Managers on a daily basis.
- Maintain office equipment/supplies inventory, maintenance records, adequate postage, photocopier, telephone system, etc.
- Open and close facility (as required).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Annual salary for this position ranges from $43,435 – $50,820.
- The Township of The Archipelago strives to be an employer of choice.
Applications for this position will be accepted, in confidence, until 4 p.m. on Friday, February 4, 2022.
Applications are to be directed to:
Township of The Archipelago
Human Resources Department
9 James Street, Parry Sound, ON P2A 1T4
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Township of The Archipelago is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations will be provided upon request in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Personal information is collected in confidence under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will only be used for the purposes of candidate selection.
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 2022-02-04
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $43,435.00-$50,820.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com