WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
MAY 24, 2023
JOB POSTING: SEIU CLERICAL 2023-160
Regular Part-Time – 2 Positions
Located on the coast of beautiful Georgian Bay, our facility offers the best that both nature and
technology can offer. We work in one of Canada’s most modern health care facilities and live in one of
Canada’s top outdoor adventure destinations.
Reporting to the Manager of Admitting, Communications, and Health Records, the incumbent
performs the duties of an Admitting/Communications Clerk, which includes the utilization of current
processes to register all in-patients and specified out-patients, and completion of required
documentation. Hours of work will include all shifts and weekends.
• Successful completion of grade 12 or equivalent;
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated strong knowledge of computer skills, including word processing;
• Working knowledge of medical terminology;
• A demonstrated ability to provide strong attention to detail in her/his work;
• Demonstrated satisfactory attendance levels, work performance, disciplinary history and
positive work references;
• Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of the West Parry Sound Health
Centre: Compassion, Accountability, Rights and Responsibilities, Excellence, and Safety.
• Previous experience in patient registration;
• Previous switchboard experience in a hospital environment.
Compensation & Benefits
$22.61 per hour to start
+ Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
+ 4% vacation pay and 14% pay in lieu of fringe benefits (10% if enrolled in HOOPP)
+ Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Preference will be given to internal bargaining unit staff prior to external applicants being
considered. Please submit a resume with a covering letter by June 21, 2023, quoting position SEIU
Clerical 2023-160 to:
West Parry Sound Health Centre, Human Resources Department,
6 Albert St., Parry Sound, ON, P2A 3A4
Fax: (705) 773-4036
West Parry Sound Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and
selection process to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal participation. If selected to participate in the
recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that
you may require in respect of any materials or processes.
We thank all applicants who apply, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of this competition only. Please be advised the
WPSHC property is smoke-free.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com