Who We Are
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is a registered charity, established in 1873. The Society and its network of communities facilitate and provide for province-wide leadership on matters relating to the prevention of cruelty to animals and the promotion of animal well-being. Offering a variety of mission-based programs, including community-based sheltering, animal wellness services, provincial animal transfers, shelter health & wellness, high-volume spay/neuter services, animal rescue, animal advocacy, Indigenous partnership programs and humane education, the Ontario SPCA is Ontario’s animal charity.
Working together we can make a difference in the lives of countless animals in need.
Animal Care Attendant (ACA) x2 : We are seeking two (2) experienced Animal Care Attendants with a love for spending time enriching the lives of the animals within our care. ACAs understand that ensuring a clean, stimulating, and healthy environment is paramount to quality of life for our furry residents. ACAs develop great relationships with our human friends too! Supporting client service and administration for a seamless experience at every turn.
Status: 1 Part Time Position Location: Barrie, On
1 Full-Time Position Barrie, ON
A Typical Day
- Performing care and enrichment for our animals including, feeding, exercising, playing and/or other engagement activities
- Ensuring a healthy environment through general housekeeping, disinfection protocols, laundry duties and kennel cleaning
- Supporting animal physical health by performing supervised vaccinations, seeking RVT advice and general bathing and grooming duties
- Maintaining client records, recording information, and notifying a supervisor of any potential health concerns
- Participates in the transfer of animals to vet clinic as required
- Immerse self in the culture and goals of the centre/organization by actively promoting the centre via social media channels and participation in a variety of fundraising initiatives.
Why You Should Join Our Team?
- Be part of an energetic team environment with others who share your passion for animal wellbeing!
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- 3 weeks of vacation after 3 years of service
- Predictable day time hours
- Onsite parking
Do You Have What it Takes?
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to lift 18 kg (40lbs) and pull 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Valid G drivers licence
- Open availability including weekdays, weekends and holidays
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required
- Previous clerical training and an asset
- Customer service experience an asset
- Certificate or College Diploma in Animal Care or working towards, preferred
We Can’t Wait to Meet You!
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Barrie Animal Centre Manager
Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
Please quote “ACA” in the subject line.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society provides accommodation during all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please advise us if you are contacted for an interview and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 888-668-7722 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society has a Covid-19 vaccination policy in place for all employees and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Valid medical accommodation will be taken into consideration on an individual basis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com