Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Indeed
Salary: $35–$40 an hour
Job type: Seasonal
- Secondary School (Required)
- Climbing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class G Licence (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Spend your summer season working in the beauty of Muskoka with TreeWiseGuys!
TreeWiseGuys is in search of a Lead Climber looking to advance their training & experience working as a crew leader in the Parry Sound District. As a new business (4th season) we are still very much in the growth & development stages of our business. After last seasons success we continue to expand our reputation and need to accommodate increased demand. You’ll be working independently with a crew of 2-3 groundsman (experienced & trained) on a daily basis with one of our company trucks, complete gear set (one for each truck) & towing our trailer/chipper as needed. As a company that deals mainly in residential cottage country we are presented with interesting challenges every day that require precise rigging, expert risk assessment & creative solutions. We see this as an opportunity to challenge you to become an extremely skilled, knowledgeable & precise arborist, while simultaneously leading a well-trained crew to complete a variety of tree maintenance services. We value safety, communication and team morale above all else. We do not require any formal post-secondary education however it is a HUGE asset, alongside other traits such as relevant trade experience, ISA Credentials, a driver’s licence, willingness to relocate, eagerness to learn, etc. We do require a high school education.
We offer a variety of perks & incentives that may indulge your interest in TreeWiseGuys! Such as…
- Accommodations/Rent subsidy, as well as relocating expenses
- Gear allowance for climbers
- Health Care Allowance Package
- Tuition Reimbursement (some conditions may apply)
- Profit Sharing
- Work Boot Allowance
- Signing Bonus
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Advancement Training
- Working outside in the beauty of Muskoka every single day!
The selected applicant will be expected to…
- Work alongside TreeWiseGuys Arborist’s/company owner, satisfying both the expectations of our clients & TreeWiseGuys Inc.
- Be reliable, professional & interested
- Follow/Participate in TreeWiseGuys Google Calendar Schedule to ensure preparation, smoothness & full understanding of jobs
- Communicate with crew to create awareness & understanding of task
- Leading crew of 2 – 3 trained groundsmen to complete daily tasks, while maintaining mutual awareness, interest & morale between crew leader and groundsmen.
- Removing, Pruning, Climbing, Assessing & diagnosing healthy/hazardous trees on a daily basis.
- Safely operating lifts/aerial bucket equipment when necessary, as well as full-sized wood-chippers.
- Helping with groundwork such as bucking large woody materials & ensuring job – site is left in a clean, safe manner.
- Communicating with clients, ensuring customer satisfaction while being able to handle difficult or uncomfortable situations with clients when misunderstandings arise.
- Communicating with TreeWiseGuys owner Michael Wilson on a daily basis to review job fluidity, scheduling, efficiency, safety, etc.
- Safely operating stump grinder on occasion.
- Assessing, planning & applying technical rigging such as speed-lining, multi-point rigging, Jinning, Port-a-Wrap use with frictionless/friction causing rigging systems, etc.
- Felling small & large trees (with/without mechanical advantage)
- Leading crew to successfully complete other tasks such as planting, eavestrough cleaning in the fall, Christmas light decorating, minor landscaping, etc.
- Maintain professional grade tools/equipment
Our work is seasonal & so are our employment contracts. We work between April – Nov., however as a new business we are working to extend our season into December. Between those months expect 40+ hour work weeks, Mon. – Fri. (some optional weekend days as well). Furthermore, we are still in the fertility stages of our business so there is no ceiling on how far you can grow with our business, as we continue to develop the company. We believe in investing in our team with the hopes of putting you in position to lead the career you desire, while also growing alongside TreeWiseGuys.
Check us out at treewiseguys.ca
- Flexible schedule
- Housing allowance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types: Tips
Social distancing, tool sanitization, masks in enclosed spaces, sanitization stations on-site, written COVID-19 response plan.
Ability to commute/relocate: Parry Sound, ON: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
Education: Secondary School (required)
Experience: Climbing: 1 year (preferred)
Licence/Certification: Class G Licence (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-04-01
Expected start date: 2023-04-03
Hiring Insights: Hiring 2 candidates for this role
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.