Oviinbyrd Golf Club
Oviinbyrd Golf Club is located in the heart of the Muskoka region. This private course is a Thomas McBroom design that consistently ranks within the Top 20 courses in Canada by Score Magazine. Our most current ranking was 14th in Canada. There are high expectations on quality and playability at Oviinbyrd, and we are looking to improve our status in the future. We are hosting the first ever division 1 NCAA golf tournament this coming September.
Ingrained in the culture of the club and the turf maintenance department is the creation of a good work/life balance so that all of our employees can work hard to achieve the goals we have set out but still have time to enjoy all that our region has to offer.
The assistant/apprentice mechanic of the golf course maintenance team will be an important individual that will contribute to the overall success of the club. The ideal candidate is someone who is willing to learn and grow with our company. The assistant/apprentice mechanic communicates daily and takes direction from the Equipment Manager with respect to daily tasks and priorities for our fleet maintenance. The role requires involvement in many areas of the golf course property including but not limited to clubhouse, staff housing, driving range, kitchen and cottages. This position involves individuals to be physically fit, early morning start times, and able to work in all working and weather conditions based on safe working conditions. As a member of the maintenance team, the assistant/apprentice mechanic may be required at times to participate in other course maintenance activities at the discretion of the Director of Agronomy, Director of Property & Facilities, and Associate Superintendent.
- Equipment maintenance including but not limited to, reel sharpening and maintenance, hydraulic system repairs, small engine repairs and electric control systems
- Fabrication techniques for large and small projects
- Maintain cleanliness of all maintenance equipment, shop, uniform and golf course
- Maintenance and repair of gasoline and diesel engine’s
- Maintenance and repair of battery-operated equipment including golf carts, utility vehicles, and power tools
- Welding and fabrication
- Provide feedback throughout the season on all matters relating the state of our equipment fleet
- Adhere to the codes of conduct and policies outlined in the employee manual
- Adopt the “Team Culture” of the department in behavior and appearance
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Valid Driver’s license and transportation to and from the work
- Developing knowledge of equipment maintenance and repair
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think fast and react quickly in all working environments
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Ability to work both as a team and independently
- Full-time employment
- Full- time salary up to $50,000.
- Year end bonus entitlement based on company and work performance
- Paid vacation
- Health benefits
- Phone allowance
- Golfing privileges
- Discount available on food and merchandise
All interested individuals should submit their cover letter and resumes to:
Jerry Carter, Equipment Manager
Oviinbyrd Golf Club
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com