Take 5 Oil Change
People person? Do you enjoy leading a team? Outgoing and positive attitude? We will train you the Take 5 way for changing oil, replacing wiper blades/air filters, filling air in tires, other light maintenance services, and how to oversee a shop. Our employees are successful with all backgrounds and experience levels. Take 5 offers a stay-in-your-car hassle free oil change experience. The job is similar to restaurants or retail environments.
What Employees Love about Take 5
• The Pit Tech to President career path; Take 5 is committed to supporting your career goals. Over 90% of Shop Managers started as Lube Techs.
• The family environment
• Bi-Weekly pay
• Opportunity to meet new people every day
• Learning new skills
What does an Assistant Shop Manager (ASM) do?
• The Assistant Shop Manager role allows you to continue to hone the skills you’ve built as technician (Approximately 80% of the time) while beginning to learn the skills necessary to lead your shop and become a Shop Manager
• The primary responsibility of an ASM is still to perform all technician duties including but not limited to:
• Drain motor oil, change oil filter, grease chassis fittings
• Wash windshield and adjust tire pressure
• Inspect and top off fluids
• Assist the customer in selecting oil type and other services
• Process payment for services performed.
• Perform coolant exchanges and transmission drain & fill services
• Restock and maintain inventory levels on the floor
• Maintain shop, office, and bathroom cleanliness • Check in with customers before they leave the shop to make sure they had a great experience.
• Ensure the Proper operation of the store in the absence of the Shop Manager.
• Perform opening and closing procedures.
• Assist with counting and adjusting inventory.
• Being a role model to the other employees in the shop, without the pressure of hiring, firing, or making other similar employment decisions. Good to Know Before You Start!
• It might feel like you are studying for a test at the beginning. It’s important that all employees gain a strong knowledge of our oils and services.
• Must maneuver in and out of a shallow 3’ deep pit used to position yourself safely under cars
• You will walk, stand, bend, stoop, twist, etc. for extended periods of time and perform activities involving holding, grasping, pulling and turning
• You may need to work in hot/cold weather conditions
• Always be alert and aware of your surroundings
• Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org