Assistant Park Clerk
Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Company Site: https://www.ontario.ca/page/jobs-and-employment
Job type: Seasonal
Full Job Description
Do you have clerical and retail knowledge as well as excellent customer service skills?
If so, then consider this great opportunity to work within one of Ontario’s most popular and enjoyable provincial parks.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code. Refer to the “How to apply” section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- provide customer service including but not limited to providing park registration, concession stand and switchboard operation, answering general public inquiries, provide permits and site reservations, orient guests and other functions within the gate house and retail site
- assist with the selection, training, orientation and providing guidance to students
- perform revenue and accounting functions at park gate and or concession stand
- check accuracy of sales summary remittances and follow up on discrepancies
- provide general clerical support, utilize office equipment/computers and common office productivity software
How do I qualify?
- You must have a class ‘G’ driver’s licence or equivalent, as recognized by the Province of Ontario.
- You must be able to obtain a valid Standard First Aid Certificate.
- You are able to work shifts, weekends and statutory holidays as required.
- You have knowledge of general sales, revenue and accounting business practices in order to ensure proper retailing methods and procedures, balancing cash, deposits, refunds within the park, and ensuring accuracy of sales summary remittances.
- You have knowledge of standard office methods and procedures to provide clerical services to park staff; to utilize and maintain park office equipment/computers and provide standard clerical functions, place orders, tracking information and assets.
Communication and Customer Service Skills:
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills to convey information, discuss and resolve issues and/or complaints, and to respond to inquiries in a courteous and business-like manner.
- You have knowledge of customer services standards, including in-person interactions, telephone operation and etiquette.
Analytical and Arithmetic Skills:
- You have well developed analytical skills to check accuracy of sales transactions, identify discrepancies, resolve issues and also assess inquiries/situations for urgency and who to refer them to.
- You have the ability to learn and apply knowledge of park programs, services, operating regulations, applicable policies and procedures to ensure compliance, accuracy and consistency of information and actions.
- You demonstrate arithmetic skills to receive payments, balance cash flow, calculate sales projections and research contributing factors to discrepancies.
- You have good organizational, planning and coordinating skills to conduct or assist group leader or superintendent in ordering and maintaining inventory, processing and depositing revenue, arranging and preparing seasonal training, and maintenance of office equipment.
- 1 Temporary – Seasonal, duration up to 8 months, 380 Oastler Park Dr, Seguin, Parry Sound, North Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad – definitions
Customer and Client Services
Monday, March 6, 2023
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.ontario.ca.