- Part Time
- Humphrey — Parry Sound and area
- Closing date: Nov 25, 2021
YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Humphrey & Parry Sound – Assistant Teacher/Cleaner
Location: McDougall After School Program & Parry Sound YMCA
Position: Assistant Teacher/Cleaner
Hours of work: Full-time, Monday to Friday:
- 3:00-6:00pm Assistant Teacher at McDougall after school program
- 6:30-9:30pm Cleaner at Parry Sound YMCA
Salary & Benefits:
- Pay rate $15.60-16.60 per hour
- A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Provides quality care to all children in a licensed childcare environment
- Actively engages with children and ensures supervision and safety of children at all times
- Plans and implements a consistent child-centered program in accordance with YMCA curriculum’s Playing to Learn and A Place to Connect.
- Complies with the Child Care Early Years Act, YMCA policies and the YMCA Child Protection Policy
- Completes required documentation of children’s development and interactions
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis
- Cleaning duties may include the following: Cleaning & sanitizing toys and surfaces, Lift and carry cleaning tools and equipment, Push or pull cleaning tools/equipment/materials, Mopping (dry and wet), Sweeping floors, Floor scrubbing, Dusting (low and high), Wiping surfaces, Vacuuming, Window Washing, Cleaning mirrors, Toilet cleaning, Changing light bulbs and ceiling tiles, Cleaning vents and tops of lockers, Storage stocking, Emptying garbage’s
- Respond to general maintenance requirements and other duties when assigned by supervisor
- Adherence to all provincial and federal legislation relevant to job description.
- Maintain all Health and Safety requirements/qualifications, including but not limited to WHMIS, Employee Health and Safety, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for working with children and providing quality play-based learning within a licensed childcare setting
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport with parents, children, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold
- Strong practical knowledge of cleaning procedures, standards and practices.
Successful candidates will be required to provide the following prior to first day of work:
- Up-to-date Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C) certification
- Successful completion of Police Records Check within the last 6 months
- Up-to-date immunizations
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Screen and three professional references for review prior to starting employment.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or other Human Rights Code-related exemption.
To apply for this job please visit ymcaofsimcoemuskoka.ca.