YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
JOB TITLE: Assistant Teacher & RECE
LOCATION: Midland, Penetanguishene & Area
DEPARTMENT: Child and Family Development
HOURS OF WORK: Supply positions are required for both full day child care programs as well as before & after school programs. Child care centres operate Monday-Friday, 7:00am-6:00pm (hours vary by centre); before & after school programs operate Monday-Friday split-shifts, with shifts starting as early as 7:00am and as late as 6:00pm.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Pay rate $15.50-19.75 per hour, depending on qualifications
- A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
Under the direction of the Supervisor or Coordinator, the Assistant Teacher will ensure that all YMCA Child and Family Development Programs provide quality care, service and support to the participants and their families. The Assistant Teacher is responsible for the planning and implementation of an age appropriate program designed to meet the developmental needs of the individual children following all legislative requirements from the Ministry of Education to ensure the health, safety and well-being of all children in his/her program.
- Provides quality care to all children in a licensed childcare environment
- Actively engages with children and ensures supervision and safety of children at all times
- Plans and implements a consistent child-centred program in accordance with YMCA curriculums Playing to Learn and A Place to Connect.
- Complies with the Child Care Early Years Act, YMCA policies and the YMCA Child Protection Policy
- Completes required documentation of children’s development and interactions
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for working with children and providing quality play-based learning within a licensed childcare setting
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport with parents, children, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold
Successful candidates will be required to provide the following prior to first day of work:
- Up-to-date Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C) certification
- Successful completion of Police Records Check within the last 6 months
- Up-to-date immunizations
Qualified candidates who wish to be considered are invited to apply by visiting www.ymcacareers.ca
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department.