Website Camp Arowhon
Camp Arowhon is a residential children’s summer camp located in the heart of Algonquin Park, ON. We run a large volume food service operation offering a wide array of fresh good quality meals for our camp community hosting 500 children and staff during our peak season in July and August. We offer seasonal full time contracts with great learning opportunities plus plenty of room to play in nature on our free time! So if you’re up for an adventure and looking to gain some unique culinary experience in our kitchen please read on and get in touch with us 😀
We are currently looking to hire bakers to join our kitchen staff with employment opportunities for a minimum commitment of 9 weeks and potential extension into the fall season. Please note that all staff members are required to relocate to live on site for the duration of their contract, we provide room and board as well as transportation from Toronto to Camp at the start and end of summer contracts.
Bakers are responsible for completing all baking production needs for daily food services at camp, including but not limited to: freshly baked bread loafs, pastries, cakes, cookies and hot snacks for campers and staff. Bakers
must ensure proper and prompt communication with the Head Chef to coordinate production volumes and write up daily food prep lists to meet daily needs. Bakers are also be involved in assisting during meals served at camp for special functions and buffets, as well as preparing substitutions when needed for customers with dietary restrictions.
• Ensuring all bakery items meet good quality standards and are prepared in sufficient quantities.
• Baking breads, rolls, pizza dough, cookies, cakes, pastries and desserts for all campers and staff according to the volume discussed with the Head Chef.
• Baking specialty items to accommodate special dietary restrictions for dessert, snacks and special requests, which may include but are not limited to: gluten free, dairy free, vegan, soy free, food allergies, etc.
• Preparing desserts and baked goods for daily maintenance staff coffee break.
• Study ingredients lists on products served for correct labeling (to help ensure campers and staff at risk’s wellbeing).
• Baking and decorating birthday cakes for campers following the schedule provided by the camp office, always observing for special dietary needs and adjusting recipes as necessary.
• Fill out temperature sheets for coolers and refrigeration units and oversee proper function of other kitchen equipment, informing the Head Chef of malfunctions and repairs needed.
• Washing dishes, utensils, pots, trays and various equipment, must complete the end of shift closing checklist to ensure the kitchen is clean before finishing their shift.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization in
their work stations as well as storage units, coolers and freezers.
• Cleaning duties include but are not limited to: sorting out waste, recycling and compost for disposal. Sweep and mop floors. Clean and sanitize food processing equipment.
• 1 year of experience in a commercial kitchen setting preferred.•
• Previous experience in food production is an asset, such as: camps, hospitals, hotels, catering or bakeries.
• Currently enrolled or completed culinary arts programs.
• Food handler’s certificate.
• WHMIS certificate.
• Completed Ontario Worker Health and Safety training in four steps.
• Police check.
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO CHEF STEPHANIE VILLEGAS AT
STEPH@CAMPAROWHON.COM INTERVIEWS WILL BE DONE REMOTELY THROUGH VIDEO
To apply for this job email your details to STEPH@CAMPAROWHON.COM