Midland Cultural Centre
The Midland Cultural Centre is looking to hire an enthusiastic Bartender to provide an excellent guest drinking experience. The ideal candidate should demonstrate dedicated customer service skills, along with active listening and communication skills, excellent personal presentation, politeness, and tact, all while functioning in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages for bar and patrons in a timely manner, with great attention to detail;
• Complete opening and closing inventory and cash counts and end of day sales reports;
• Ensure bar inventory and supplies are stocked and replenished at all times during shift;
• Interact and engage with customers, take orders and serve snacks and beverages following the menu provided by management. Assessing bar customers’ needs and preferences and making recommendations;
• Ability to learn cash register POS software used at the MCC;
• Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age;
• Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience;
• Accepting payment from customers and collecting receipts;
• Maintain a clean workspace at all times while complying with all food and beverage health and safety regulations;
• Ensure that all dishware and tools used during service are cleaned and returned to their designated location during and following the event as required;
• Responsible for refusing service of alcohol in a courteous and safety-minded manner when required, following all current Smart Serve Ontario standards. As well, promptly informing the House Manager of such instances and
• Other duties as assigned by House Manager.
• Smart Serve Ontario Certification required
• Previous experience working as a bartender or server
• Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
• Positive and professional attitude with excellent communication and customer service skills
• Ability to work and adapt in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
• Black pants/shirt and non-slip closed toe shoes
• Ability to work a flexible schedule which will include evenings, holidays and weekend hours. Hours are conditional upon the MCC’s programming and rental schedule and are both weekly and seasonally variable;
• Reports to House Manager and Operations Coordinator
• Prolonged periods of standing while making drinks
• Lift up to 20 pounds
• Function well in loud environments
• Must be of legal drinking age or older
Wage: $15.50/hour + Tips
Please submit a current resume via email by April 6, 2023 to email@example.com with “Bartender” and your name in the subject line. If you are applying for both the House Manager and Bartender roles, please put “Both” and your name in the subject line.
Application deadline: 2023-04-06
Job Type: Casual
The Midland Cultural Centre is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity in the workplace. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees, volunteers and members of the community feel valued, respected, supported and welcomed. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve. The Midland Cultural Centre is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in the compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Midland Cultural Centre acknowledges that the land on which we gather is located on the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, Ojibway/Chippewa and Potawatomi peoples, and is the ancestral home of the Huron-Wendat Nation.
To apply for this job please visit midlandculturlcentre.com.