Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Indeed
Wolseley Canada requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by Health Canada, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
As the world’s number one distributor of heating, plumbing, industrial, and waterworks supplies, we know that talented people are essential to maintaining our success in the future.
Wolseley Canada provides an environment where employees can take their skills, talents, experience and interests to the next level to grow professionally and build rewarding careers.
Wolseley Canada offers many challenging and diverse career opportunities in our local branch networks and throughout our Regional and Corporate offices across Canada.
We are driven to achieve results, collaborate with each other to determine the best course of action, hold ourselves accountable at all times and demonstrate resilience when new challenges come our way.
Does this sound like you? Do you want to make a difference and grow your career? If so, then come join our talented and high performing team.
Our Branch Managers are the inspirational leaders of our Branches. They help deliver upon the vision of our senior leadership, through motivating every network of a Branch while keeping each employee accountable for the overall success of the branch.
What’s in it for you?
- Regular business hours Monday to Friday
- Comprehensive benefits with premiums fully paid for by the company for the “Core” package starting the first day of employment.
- Career development and training opportunities
- Life insurance, disability and wellness program
- Retirement savings programs including RRSP and DC pension with up to 5.25% employer contribution
- Paid vacation and sick time and day off on your birthday!
- Bonus programs that include annual performance and profit sharing
- Employee discounts on top brands of plumbing and HVAC/R products
- Education reimbursement for employees
- Employee referral program
- Safety shoe reimbursement
What you will do:
- As the Branch Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations in the branch in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- You will direct, train and supervise the Inside and Counter Sales teams and warehouse operations such as shipping, receiving, maintenance of inventory and other material handling activities.
- Managing the overall operations of the branch ensuring superior customer service levels are met daily
- Cultivating and managing key business relationships
- Identify new product/business opportunities based on customer needs
- Planning and organizing branch to fulfill sales, trading profit and company objectives
- Creating and maintaining strategic alliances with vendors
- Manage weekly work schedule and labor costs of associates
What you will bring:
- Knowledge of industry (Plumbing and or HVAC) products is required
- Proven track record of ability to lead and build a successful team
- Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives within a highly competitive market
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Ability to interpret reports, identify and analyze business trends, products, and customers
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and AS400 is an asset
- Fluency in both French and English would be an asset
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months if other new and exciting opportunities arise that match your skills and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.