True North Cannabis Co.
Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Indeed
Salary: $16–$17 an hour
Job type: Part-time, Permanent
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
True North Cannabis Co. is an emerging Cannabis retailer that believes in providing our clients with high-end, affordable cannabis and cannabis accessories across Ontario.
True North Cannabis’ Budtenders’ role is to help all guests – navigate the wide world of recreational cannabis. As a purveyor, you are passionate about cannabis and are up to date with the industry.
You will include True North’s element of culture and passion in your interactions with guests which creates a rich and meaningful dispensary experience. Budtenders will provide guidance and educate customers so all of True Norths’ guests will have a safe and enjoyable cannabis experience.
- Confidently represents True Norths’ brand and makes a positive first impression: smiles, makes eye contact, responds to guests with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Demonstrates that guest service is their number one priority
- Educate customers on cannabis products and how to safely consume cannabis
- Facilitate the sale of regulated cannabis by discussing cannabis products and engaging customers in a variety of cannabis accessories
- Demonstrate a high level of cannabis knowledge and curate experiences that go above and beyond expectations
- Adhere to all legislative requirements of cannabis retailers, including federal, provincial, and municipal legislation
- Perform reception duties as needed– Check Identification and/or credentials of guests
- Fulfill guest orders and support with inventory management to ensure guests have access to the right stock to drive sales
- Organize, receive and categorize cannabis products and accessories
- Effectively utilize compliant POS systems (Cova and Dutchie)
- Follows proper cash handling procedures
- Ensure the cleanliness of the store is maintained on a daily basis
- Seek opportunities to contribute to and improve business results on a daily basis
- Support with completing all tasks and duties, as assigned
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and personal responsibility
- Open to feedback, coaching, and continuous improvement
- Other duties as required.
Physical Demand Requirements:
- Frequent reaching above waist, chest, and shoulder level as well as below waist level
- Continuous standing on tiled surfaces for all tasks
- Frequent lifting of boxes of supplies
- Occasional lifting weighing between 5 – 40 lbs vertically from floor to knuckle height, knuckle to shoulder height
- Valid Cannsell Cannabis Retail Certification
- Strong customer service skills
- A clean criminal background check from local authorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Availability for shift work alone or as part of a team any time between 9:00 am to 11:30 pm, Monday to Sunday
- Basic skills in math and proficiency as a cashier
- Extensive knowledge of cannabis products and accessories is an asset
True North Cannabis Co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to employment equity and encourage all qualified individuals, including women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities. Please notify us as soon as possible should you require any assistance during the recruitment process.
Additional pay: Tips
Schedule: 8 hour shift, Weekend availability
Experience: customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Hiring Insights: Hiring 4 candidates for this role
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.