The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
HBS installs, integrates, and maintains the systems that keep facilities safe, secure, comfortable, productive and energy efficient. You will work with critical building management, HVAC and security systems with the opportunity to work on a range of commercial and government buildings, health care facilities, airports and correction facilities. In this role you will help our Public Private Partnership facilities to us technology to improve productivity and increase the value of services provided to our many different customers.
In this role you will be working on-site, dedicated to a single Honeywell Customer at a modern facility. Located on beautiful Georgian Bay, Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care is a hospital providing specialized inpatient and outpatient psychiatric care for the North Simcoe Muskoka region. The main function of this position is to perform preventive maintenance and reactive repairs and provide technical support or troubleshooting. Honeywell has been contracted to operate and maintain Waypoint’s “Atrium
Building” to provide such services as Plant Maintenance including Project and Space Planning, Grounds maintenance, Suitability and Utility Management as well as Help Desk Services.
You will be able to take advantage of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan for which you can find more details here: https://www.hoopp.com/. This is a unionized role with an hourly rate of $28.31.
• Promote, build, and maintain good customer relations
• Keep Supervisor informed of customer requirements, systems status, and actual, potential, or perceived customer problems
• Demonstrate system and provide training to customers as required
Health and Safety
• Carry out site hazard and risk assessments for Honeywell tasks, including proper use of safety personal protection equipment
• Be responsible for Honeywell’s assets such as tools, software, and the site database.
• Keep documentation and paperwork up to date
• Avoidance of abatement events
• Maintenance and repair of facility assets / systems
• Retention of maintenance and repair documentation
• Effective participation in on site roster
• Effective interaction to site CMMS
• Effective interaction to Help Desk
• Effective interaction with other team members
• Effective compliance to repair works process
• Effective Customer Interface
• Effective Public Interface
• Maintenance and repair activity as per contractual requirements, relevant guidelines, legislation and codes.
• Planned Preventative Maintenance and call-in tasks to be documented in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) using ipad
• Participation in on site coverage to ensure appropriate site coverage as per contractual compliance
• Customer relationship management and satisfaction (Integrated Team Solutions and Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care
• Assistance to other trades
• Ensure safety to staff and public using the facility
• Responds to demand work orders as generated by work order system to ensure that business is not interrupted
• Generator testing (weekly)
• Repair/replace/remove/add/troubleshoot/maintain facility via building automation system, automated lighting control system, and general computerized building automation system, direct digital controls, system clocks, electric motors, starters disconnects, VFD’s, fans, pumps, transformers, lighting, data communications and other electrical systems as required
• General maintenance as required which could include water treatment testing (non potable), minor door / window repairs, install signage / pictures / white boards / bulletin boards etc., cleaning mechanical / electrical rooms and other space “owned” by Honeywell FM services, minor plumbing repairs (change toilet seats, etc.), small wall fixture removal, drywall repairs, painting, clean / replace diffusers, filter replacement
• Respond to emergency service calls as required
• Keep abreast of changes and new developments in product and preventive maintenance techniques
• Availability for and performance of duties outside of normal working hours as required
• Participate in the on-call rotation schedule
• Pools and spa maintenance
• Travelling as required (including overnight stays) throughout the region in order to complete training
Site Safety including site safety Manual, reporting near misses, incidents and other opportunities for improvement, carry out hazard and risk assessments for all tasks as per company policy and procedures
* Level of Education Required: Post-secondary education in technical trade or field
* Level of Experience Required: 2 years of related maintenance
Additional Skills or Certification Required:
• Police clearance is a requirement for the role.
• Immunization (including COVID-19 vaccination) as required by the customer and in accordance with the Public Health Act
• Ability to be part of a closely integrated team
• Experience of working in a maximum secure, healthcare and/or mental health facility
• Understanding of regulatory bodies (ESA, TSSA & Ontario building code etc.)
• Previous technical/installation experience
• Previous customer service experience
• Lock repairs/locksmith experience is strong asset
• Good written and oral communication
• Ability to follow instructions
• Experience with automated lighting control systems or building automation systems as well as Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to read blueprints
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status
Need Own Transportation? Yes
How to Apply: https://careers.honeywell.com/us/en/job/HRD172322/Building-Operator
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.