We are seeking a full time Buyer to join our Supply Chain team. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Supply Chain, the Buyer will be responsible for selecting and negotiating with approved vendors and placing purchase orders in response to service or material requirements.
– Research and analyze product and material selection
– Negotiate and coordinate contract terms & conditions
– Follow purchasing procedures to purchase materials and services to meet operational requirements while maintaining accuracy
– Maintain records and tracking for cost and schedule of all purchased items
– Monitor inventory and plan accordingly
– Order products and authorize payments
– Work collaboratively with our business units to understand, interpret and fulfill needs
– Other tasks as assigned
Education and Technical Requirements:
– Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in Materials Management, Business Administration or related experience would be considered an asset.
– Certificate in purchasing from the Purchasing Management Association of Canada would be an asset – Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
– Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
– Effective verbal and written communicator at all levels in the organization
– Required to have strong negotiation, problem-solving & decision making skills
– Proven experience to remain organized, and prioritize work effectively.
Raytheon ELCAN offers a competitive compensation package that includes incentive program, benefits, and pension plan. We also offer flexible work arrangements with an available hybrid work schedule.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal reference check and obtain/maintain a Government of Canada security clearance and any applicable clearances with respect to the handling and transfer of controlled goods.
Raytheon ELCAN is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion; we welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Raytheon ELCAN will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability-related accommodations, please contact Human Resources. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.rtx.com.