Hidden Bay – Cabin & Activity Leader
The Cabin & Activity Leader is responsible for the direction, supervision and organization of children in
small group settings, as well as the development and implementation of program activities. They will also
be responsible for the general safety and development, growth and skill achievement of the participants
in their group. This staff member will provide high quality summer camp and leadership experiences for
participants that focus on the camp core values of courtesy, respect, responsibility, confidence, care &
Cabin & Activity Leaders live in the tent cabins with the campers and deliver programming through the
Hidden Bay Leadership Camp is an outdoor, overnight summer camp located near Parry Sound and serves
65 day and overnight campers each week from across Ontario. The camp, located on Lake Shebeshekong
in Carling Township, is a traditional overnight summer camp with leadership training programs for campers
• Supervise the children in your assigned cabin and activity groups
• Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities each week. Activities may include:
crafts, archery, low ropes, canoe/kayak, eco, theme days, campfire, campwide games, etc. This
includes time spent on the bus.
• Identify and respond to camper behaviour issues using approved camp methods.
• Ensure that the site, including cabins, program areas & washrooms, are kept clean, organized and
free of litter.
• Communicate with camp Leadership Staff about participant experiences and concerns.
• Attend weekly staff meetings and in-service staff trainings.
• Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident/accident reports, camp
documentation and daily attendance.
• Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
• Know, follow and enforce all safety expectations and guidelines associated with the camp and
program areas. This includes, but not limited to, being responsible for your campers’ safety and
their whereabouts at all times.
• Help guide Junior Cabin & Activity Leaders, Volunteers and CITs to have a deeper understanding
of leadership and counselling skills.
• At least 17 years of age by December 31 of the camp year..
• Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C
• Current, or willing to obtain, Lifesaving Certification (Bronze Cross or National Lifeguard).
• HIGH FIVE or Mental Health First Aid, would be considered an asset.
• Must be willing to submit a Vulnerable Sector Check, obtained no sooner than 3 months prior to
start of position.
• Education classes or experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a
• Ability to plan, organize, implement and lead camp program activities.
• Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities which include, but are not
limited to, hiking, canoeing, swimming, team building initiatives, building campfires, physical games,
• Perform essential program support to camp activities and programs which may include, but not limited
to the following activities: semi–reaching to full-reach overhead, crouching, kneeling, shoveling,
working in narrow and/or confining spaces underground, overhead, and at ground level, twisting of the
waist, shoulders, and legs, and lying on stomach and/or back.
• Ability to perform tasks outdoor in different climate and weather conditions.
• Requires working in excess of 40 hours per week.
• May require working with campers with challenging behaviours
Hidden Bay Leadership Camp is a division York Professional Care & Education and offers a competitive
salary, room & board and a collegial work environment dedicated to the professional development of all
We invite all qualified candidates to complete our online application at :
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest; however only those candidates invited
for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies please.
York Professional Care & Education is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs
under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please contact
our office for assistance if required.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit hiddenbay.campbrainstaff.com.