Hidden Bay – Camp Cook
The Camp Cook is responsible for the preparation and service of camp meals, and ensuring the
cleanliness of the dishes, kitchen and dining hall. This staff member will provide high quality meals to the
summer camp community and ensure that the nutritional and enjoyment needs of food are met.
The Camp Cook lives in a private room with a shared washroom in our main lodge above the kitchen.
Hidden Bay Leadership Camp is an outdoor, overnight summer camp located near Parry Sound and serves
65 day and overnight campers each week from across Ontario. The camp, located on Lake Shebeshekong
in Carling Township, is a traditional overnight summer camp with leadership training programs for campers
• Prepare and serve all meals (breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner) for the camp.
• Ensure the proper and sanitary operations of the kitchen and dining hall. Which includes, but is
not limited to: washing dishes, washing pots, cleaning bathrooms, doing laundry, sweeping and
• Ensure the kitchen is kept to a standard as outlined by the Local Health Unit.
• Supervise the Kitchen Assistant in their position.
• Track stock management and preparation and receiving of food orders.
• Meet the dietary needs of campers with identified allergies or food restrictions.
• Supervise Camp Staff, CITs and Work Experience Participants in daily dining hall chores, including:
table setting, dishes, filling condiments, sweeping and table set up.
• Ensure that the dining hall is kept in a clean and orderly manner.
• Communicate with Camp Director about concerns.
• Attend staff meetings and in-service staff trainings as needed.
• Maintain accurate kitchen records including incident/accident reports, camp documentation,
cleaning schedules, menus, meal numbers and allergies.
• Required to know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
• Required to know, follow and enforce all safety expectations and guidelines associated with the
camp and program areas. This includes, but not limited to, being responsible for campers’ safety
in the dining hall.
• Must be at least 18 years of age by December 31 of the camp year.
• Current Food Handler Certification
• Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C
• Must be willing to submit a Vulnerable Sector Check, obtained no sooner than 3 months prior to
start of position.
• At least one year of experience supervising and managing a commercial kitchen.
• At least one year of commercial food preparation experience.
• At least one year of experience working or volunteering at an overnight camp, preferred.
• Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Perform essential program support to kitchen activities and camp programs which may include, but not
limited to the following activities: semi–reaching to full-reach overhead, crouching, kneeling, shoveling,
working in narrow and/or confining spaces underground, overhead, and at ground level, twisting of the
waist, shoulders, and legs, and lying on stomach and/or back.
• Requires working in excess of 40 hours per week.
Hidden Bay Leadership Camp is a division York Professional Care & Education and offers a competitive
salary, food, accommodations, and transportation from Aurora or Barrie to camp, and a collegial work
environment dedicated to the professional development of all staff.
We invite all qualified candidates to complete our online application at :
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest; however only those candidates invited
for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies please.
York Professional Care & Education is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs
under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please contact
our office for assistance if required.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit hiddenbay.campbrainstaff.com.