Website Patient/Client & Family Council
The Patient/Client and Family Council is a non-profit organization whose number one objective is ensuring that people living with mental illness and addictions have the best quality of life, both within a hospital setting and in the community. All of our staff, volunteers and board members have personal experience with the mental health or addictions system, either directly or supporting a loved one. We understand what it is like to live each day being affected by mental illness.
Full & Part time positions available (Additional opportunity for progression to Lead role for right candidate)
YOUR responsibilities would include:
– Opening and closing of Canteen and keeping an accurate record of all floats, deposits and money transactions.
– Preparing and serving all items available at the Canteen and maintaining a high level of customer service.
– Inventory and replenishing and rotating stock using the FIFO method.
– Cleaning and sanitizing the service area and equipment and keeping the work area clean.
– Adhere to all PCFC & relevant customer policies, procedures, expectations and Code of Ethics including confidentiality guidelines.
– Be self-directed and work with minimal supervision – ensure a smooth workflow with all other staff
– Interact with others in a meaningful and compassionate manner
– Lead role includes: ordering, supply mgmt., training, administrative tasks, projects, auditing
– Must have a family member, or personal experience, living with mental illness and/or addictions and be willing to disclose.
– Must be available to work a variable work schedule including days, evenings, weekends some holidays and have the ability to pick up additional shifts if needed.
– Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills and basic computer skills together with a professional manner remaining focused on client needs.
– Proton, or willing to acquire prior to start date.
– The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check prior to starting work.
– Ability to perform physical aspects of the position and to maintain regular attendance.
– Willingness to attend and complete all mandatory training.
Deadline for resume: ongoing recruitment
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
To apply for this job email your details to PCFC@waypointcentre.ca