Full-time Contract – 35 Hours / Week, ending December 30, 2022
Location – East Parry Sound
Assess the initial needs of clients calling in or visiting the Ontario Works office; conduct client interviews,
complete applications, and continue ongoing case management of Ontario Works participants as per
directives and legislation.
• Two-year College Diploma in a field related to Human Services, or an equivalent combination of
education, training, and program related experience.
• Member with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers an asset.
• Minimum two years’ experience in a social service environment.
• Knowledge of computer managed documentation and related input and output documents.
• Knowledge and understanding of all legislation relevant to the position.
• Knowledge of community resources and ability to access and refer client inquires appropriately.
• Ability to work independently, co-operatively, and responsibly with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of the code of ethics of human services, with experience in conducting interviews, assisting
individuals and families in finding and using community resources.
• Knowledge of and skill in the application of solutions to meet the challenges facing individuals and
families served through the program, including youth, immigrants, refugees, homeless and those with
mental health issues.
• Ability to communicate tactfully and to carry out instructions accurately.
• Ability to travel throughout district if required.
Rate of Pay: $25.37/hour, plus 4% vacation pay
Please submit cover letter & resume referencing job ID 22U-20 by May 29, 2022
Attn: Danielle Villeneuve, CHRP
Manager of Human Resources
1 Beechwood Drive, Parry Sound, ON P2A 1J2
Fax: (705) 751-5370, Email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted. Upon request by
the applicant, accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
The DSSAB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please advise the
HR department accordingly.
The DSSAB actively seeks candidates from First Nations, Métis and Inuit, racialized and LGBTQ2S+ communities, women, and people
with disabilities. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org