Income Support and Stability PSDSSAB
Income Support and Stability
Full-Time contract, ending March 29th, 2024
35 hrs./wk. – West Parry Sound Location: Parry Sound Office
Employment with the District of Parry Sound Social Services Administration Board offers an opportunity to
make a positive contribution to our communities. Providing caring human services, we are a forward-thinking
organization focused on continuous improvement, employee growth and development, and providing
We are seeking a Case Worker with our Income Support Services Division. The primary focus of this position
is as follows:
Assess the initial needs of clients applying for Ontario Works; conduct client interviews, complete applications,
and continue ongoing case management of Ontario Works participants as per directives and legislation. Assess
eligibility and need for Income and Stability support.
• Two-year College Diploma in a field related to Human Services.
• Membership with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers an asset.
• Minimum two years experience in a social service environment.
• Knowledge of computer managed documentation and related input and output documents.
• Knowledge and understanding of all legislation relevant to the position.
• Knowledge of community resources and ability to access and refer client inquiries appropriately.
• Ability to work independently, co-operatively, and responsibly with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of the code of ethics of human services, with experience in conducting interviews,
assisting individuals and families in finding and using community resources.
• Knowledge of and skill in the application of solutions to meet the challenges facing individuals and
families served through the program, including youth, immigrants, refugees, homeless, and those
with mental health and addiction issues.
• Ability to communicate tactfully and to carry out instructions accurately.
• Ability to travel throughout district if required.
Rate of Pay: $25.87/hour, plus 4% vacation pay
Please submit a cover letter & resume referencing job ID 23U-43 (This posting will remain
open until the Case Worker position has been filled)
Attn: Danielle Villeneuve, CHRP
Director of Human Resources
1 Beechwood Drive, Parry Sound, ON P2A 1J2
Fax: (705) 751-5370, Email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted. Upon request by
the applicant, accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. The DSSAB is committed to providing accommodations
for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please advise the HR department accordingly.
The DSSAB actively seeks candidates from First Nations, Métis and Inuit, racialized and LGBTQ2S+ communities, women, and people
with disabilities. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org