Website Home Depot
Cashiers play a critical role in customer service by providing customers with fast, friendly, accurate and safe service. Cashiers process transactions, answer customer questions, and ensuring customers leave satisfied. They proactively assist customers and direct them to open cash registers and various departments.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure every item is scanned
- Process Checkout and obtain payment
- Monitor and maintain the Self-Checkout area
- Ensure inventory accuracy
- Follow all Home Depot policies and procedures
- Ask customers for proof of purchase when necessary
- Achieve cashier metrics on a daily basis
- Be aware of store promotions and rebates
- Some Heavy lifting required; bending, kneeling, standing for extended periods of time; comfortable with ladders
- Pick, organize and verify orders for delivery or pick-up
- Utilize computer terminals and/or Home Depot portable phone to check inventory, look-up orders and notify customers when product is ready for pick-up
- Candidates should be comfortable lifting merchandise to organize for customer pick up
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous cashier experience would be an asset
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.homedepot.ca.