Reporting to the Supervisor of the Cleanroom Assembly and Cementing Departments, the Mechanical Assembler Associate will work in collaboration with the Assembly team to increase and improve the production in cementing. The Associate will assemble and adjust optical sub-assemblies and perform final checking for deficiencies according to ELCAN and customer standards of quality. Training will be provided to the candidate filling the minimum requirements.
We are looking for the following Education and Technical Requirements:
– Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or equivalent, preference given to candidates with completion of post-secondary education.
– Knowledge of using measuring tools: calipers, micrometers.
– Must be skilled in the use of the metric system.
– Ability to understand and follow work instructions and work shiftwork, overtime and on short notice
– Experience in handling or assembling small parts with exceptional finger dexterity.
– Good visual acuity to spot imperfections in the parts or assemblies.
– Good communication skills both written and verbal.
– Experience with assembling and handling of optical components, as well as understanding of optics surface quality specifications is a definite asset.
We are looking for the following Key Competencies
– Effective interpersonal and communications skills.
– Adaptable, innovative and problem solver.
– Analytical and reasoning, decision making with business acumen.
– Planning and coordinating of resources and activities within the team, other departments and external as required.
– Accountability to stay motivated and resilient even when faced with inevitable delays, setbacks and policy shifts.
– Willingness to learn and acquire knowledge/understanding through study, instruction or experience.
Raytheon ELCAN offers a competitive compensation package that includes incentive program, benefits, and pension plan. We also offer flexible work arrangements with an available hybrid work schedule.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal reference check and obtain/maintain a Government of Canada security clearance and any applicable clearances with respect to the handling and transfer of controlled goods.
Raytheon ELCAN is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion; we welcome applications from all qualified persons. We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Raytheon ELCAN will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability-related accommodations, please contact Human Resources. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.rtx.com.