Statistics Canada is hiring in your community
Canada’s next census will be held in May 2021. Statistics Canada is hiring approximately 32,000 people to count everyone in Canada. Everyone working for the 2021 Census will make a lasting contribution to Canada. As a member of the collection team, you will help ensure that the 2021 Census is a success. These jobs involve communicating with residents in urban, rural and remote communities across Canada to ensure the completion of census questionnaires. In the current context of COVID-19, we are committed to ensuring the safety of our employees at all times.
Positions available for the 2021 Census
– Supervisory and non-supervisory positions are available. Census jobs are short-term positions collecting census questionnaires from residents in your community. Job start and end dates vary by position and location, but are between March and July 2021.
Crew Leaders (supervisors): As a crew leader, you will train, supervise and motivate a team of enumerators. The rate of pay for Crew Leaders is $21.77 per hour, plus authorized expenses.
Enumerators: As an enumerator, your primary responsibility will be to complete census
questionnaires with residents. The rate of pay for Enumerators is $17.83 per hour, plus authorized expenses.
Applicants must be
• 18 years of age or older
• a Canadian citizen or otherwise eligible to work in Canada
• available to work flexible hours, mainly evenings, and weekends.
The hiring process
• initial review of application
• interview (applies to Crew Leader positions only)
• security clearance which requires a reference check, fingerprinting and a credit check.
Only those candidates who are successful at each step will be contacted, and will proceed to the
next step in the hiring process.
For more information about working for the 2021 Census, visit www.census.gc.ca/jobs.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.census.gc.ca.