YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Looking for Talented Child Care Educators to join our team! If you are currently looking for a position with growth potential and a great place to work, we invite you to join our team and make a difference in the community. Multiple Supply, Part-Time, Full-Time and Before & After School Split Shifts available.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday: Please be aware that opening shifts can start as early as 6:00am and closing shifts can end as late as 6:00pm.
Salary & Benefits:
- Pay rate $15.50-18.75 per hour depending on qualifications
- A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth Responsibilities
- Provides quality care to all children in a licensed childcare environment
- Actively engages with children and ensures supervision and safety of children at all times Plans and implements a consistent child-centred program in accordance with YMCA curriculums Playing to Learn and A Place to Connect.
- Complies with the Child Care Early Years Act, YMCA policies and the YMCA Child Protection Policy
- Completes required documentation of children’s development and interactions
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE)
- Or Child and Youth Worker (CYW/CYC) Bachelor of Education (OCT), Rec and Leisure diploma, Social Service Worker (SSW), Personal Support Worker (PSW)
- Or Experience working with children
- RECEs, SSWs and OCTs must be registered with their governing regulatory body or be willing to obtain registration
- Passion for working with children and providing quality play-based learning within a licensed childcare setting
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport with parents, children, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold
Successful candidates will be required to provide the following prior to first day of work:
- Up-to-date Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C) certification
- Successful completion of Police Records Check within the last 6 months
- Up-to-date immunizations
please submit your resume to the Child Care Recruitment Team firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com