- Full Time
- Parry Sound — Parry Sound and area
- Closing date: Oct 27, 2021
Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services
Child Protection Worker(s) Permanent Full-time – Parry Sound– job post
Reporting to the Team Supervisor, the Child Protection Worker is responsible for a varied caseload including
investigating and assessing matters pertaining to children/youth in need of protection; providing support
services to families, children/youth, Alternative Care Providers, Kin Care placements and supporting
children/youth in and out-of-home placements in accordance with the Child Youth and Family Services Act,
Ministry Standards, Child Protection Protocols, Risk Assessment tools, Agency Policies And Procedures and
First Nation Standards of Practice.
Niijaansinaanik is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. Please submit your resume and cover letter along with three work related references.
- Minimum education is a Community College Diploma in Social Services or a Native Child Protection Worker diploma may be considered
- Minimum Experience is two (2) years direct experience in a social services agency
- Knowledge of Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services programs and services
- Respect for, sensitivity towards, as well as knowledge and understanding of Anishinabek culture,
- traditions and the Seven Grandfather Teachings.
- Knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act
- Knowledge of First Nation service delivery, customs and traditions in relation to Child Protection
- Knowledge of external services and service agencies
- Must provide a clear Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Must provide a Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence, have access to a vehicle and have the ability to
- Must have $1M auto insurance liability coverage
- Must provide a three-year uncertified Driver’s Abstract
- Posted until position filled
Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services is a provincially designated Child Well-Being Agency that provides Prevention, Protection, and Child and Family services that reflect values, beliefs and principles rooted within the Anishinabek culture. We serve the communities of Wahnapitae, Dokis, Henvey, Magnetawan, Shawanaga, and Wausauksing First Nations
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com