Website Parry Sound Public Library
The children’s coordinator will learn and perform the essential daily public service tasks required to operate a small children’s department in a small rural public library. In addition, the children’s coordinator may: conduct technology training sessions; participate in selecting book collection, develop children’s programs including virtual/zoom and create library displays; respond to information requests from the public; organize and
present library programs; visit schools and other community organizations; help with book clubs; produce reading lists; assist in updating the library’s website and assist in social media and zoom programs; develop posters; and/or other special projects as assigned by the Library CEO.
Interested graduates of Library & Information Technician program or ECE program are encouraged to apply;
- Demonstrate an ability to work well with people of all ages and to develop children’s and Y.A. programs
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Experience developing website content and utilizing social media platforms;
- Perform duties using office equipment and proficient in computer software and social media savvy, Zoom programs
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evening, weekends;
- Current and appropriate criminal records check – vulnerable sector;
- A valid driver’s license and appropriate driver’s abstract and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Attends relevant meetings, workshops, courses and conferences as required
- Ability to work with and contribute positively to a service oriented team.
-Plans and delivers story times for young children, including babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers
-Plans the T.D. Summer Reading Programs
Terms: Part-time (Tuesday – Saturday) 15 to 30 hours per week, evenings and weekends
The Parry Sound Public Library welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Description on the Website:
Interested Applicants are invited to apply:
Applications Due: Monday, February 28 , 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Send a cover letter, resume and 3 references by email to Rita Orr at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Parry Sound Public Library 29 Mary Street, Parry Sound, ON P2A 1E3
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com