The Orillia Public Library is a vibrant, active center of learning and information that extends from a dynamic downtown community to neighborhoods and groups throughout the City of Orillia and surrounding areas.
The Orillia Public Library seeks a customer-service oriented individual for a part-time position in the Circulation Department. This position is for 21 hours weekly with additional work on Sundays September-April. Scheduled hours will also include some evenings and some Saturdays.
- Sign out materials; place and track reserves; collect fines and charges; assist with self-checkout.
- Handle patron inquiries and concerns in person and via telephone.
- Issue and renew library memberships.
- Operate and monitor automated sorter; examine and route library materials.
- Perform library opening and closing tasks.
- Maintain an orderly, safe and secure environment for library users and staff.
- Grade 12 or equivalent required; college diploma or university degree preferred.
- Experience working in a public library strongly preferred.
- Experience providing front-line service to the general public strongly preferred; demonstrated ability to serve a diverse population with tact and empathy.
- Self-directed; able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills (in person and via telephone) in a fast-paced setting.
- Quick to learn; ability to work with frequent interruptions; good attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and keyboarding skills.
- A current and acceptable Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check is required for this position at the incumbent’s expense, prior to the employment commencement date.
Compensation for this position is $18.58 per hour. Interested applicants are invited to submit their application by October 15, 2021 at 5:00pm.
To apply for this job please visit careers.orillia.ca.