Website Midland Cultural Centre
We are seeking a driven individual to join our cleaning team and be responsible for providing a clean and welcoming facility for employees, ambassadors and guests at the Midland Cultural Centre “MCC”. As a member of our staff, you will gain meaningful work experience in an exciting cultural environment and make a direct contribution to the extraordinary moments experienced by our guests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- General cleaning, dusting, sanitization, sweeping and mopping of all main entrances, customer areas on main level, two main stair-cases, kitchen corridor, emergency exit passage ways, upstairs hallways and MCC offices and dressing rooms.
- After-hours daily disinfecting of 4 men’s, 4 women’s and 1 staff washroom. This includes sanitizing sinks and toilets, replenishing papers, polishing all chrome and mirrors, cleaning all stall walls, sweeping and mopping floors.
- Waste collection and disposal
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies, inventory of cleaning supplies and needs for repair
- Washing windows in front entrances, glass inserts in walkways and dividers, balcony railing glass throughout
- Performing and documenting routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Previous cleaning experience is an asset
- High school diploma an asset
- Integrity and ability to work independently and cooperate with staff
- Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow health and safety regulations
- Agrees to operate under all COVID-19 health and safety guidelines as per the Government of Ontario recommendations and instructions
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets and completion of WHMIS
- Police check will be required
- Will require light and heavy lifting and prolonged periods of walking or standing
- This position is part-time and will be required (15 hours per week minimum), ideally before the building opens, or after the building closes each day.
- The Midland Cultural Centre will supply all cleaning products, disinfectants, garbage bags and cleaning tools/supplies.
Hourly Wage – $14.35/hour, part-time (at least 15 hours/week)
Please submit a current resume via email to email@example.com by September 25, 2021
The Midland Cultural Centre is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity in the workplace. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees, volunteers and members of the community feel valued, respected, supported and welcomed. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
The Midland Cultural Centre is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in the compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
The Midland Cultural Centre acknowledges that the land on which we gather is located on the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, Ojibway/Chippewa and Potawatomi peoples, and is the ancestral home of the Huron-Wendat Nation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org