Severn Sound Environmental Association
The Severn Sound Environmental Association (SSEA) is a community success story. At the SSEA, we are
committed to ensuring exceptional environmental quality and exemplary stewardship of the Severn Sound
area through sound science, collaboration and partnerships. The SSEA is a Joint Municipal Service Board
under the Municipal Act that serves eight municipalities in the Severn Sound watershed area
The SSEA is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic individual to be part of this talented team to assist with the
implementation of climate change programming within the SSEA watershed.
SSEA is seeking applications for one (1) Climate Action Program Coordinator. The Climate Action Program
Coordinator will support the Sustainability and Climate Action Coordinator in the delivery of the SSEA’s
Sustainable Severn Sound (SSS) special project. The SSS project works with our partner municipalities and
their communities to advance the adoption of practices and policies within municipal operations to support
climate change mitigation, greenhouse gas reduction and sustainable communities. This position, based in
Port McNicoll Ontario, offers a 35-hour work week, with some evenings and weekends required, between
the period of September 7, 2021 and December 28, 2021 (16 weeks). Position and term are dependent on
Wage: $14.50 per hour, 35-hours per week
– Assess the progress of existing local climate plans and support the update of these plans;
– Assist in adapting current municipal policies and protocols to include climate change;
– Assist with public awareness campaigns about climate change achievements related to existing local
climate plans with stakeholders and the public;
– Conduct research in climate change, greenhouse gas reduction, greening strategies, and sustainability
– Produce reports and visual presentations for multiple audiences, displaying information in charts, graphs,
spreadsheets, and other forms suitable for communicating project results and deliverables;
– Provide technical support, perform calculations, and contribute to the analysis of annual greenhouse gas
and energy emissions profiles for the Association’s municipal partners;
– Work with the SSEA Team on grant applications relevant to the Association’s Strategic Plan goals;
– Other duties as assigned and/or required.
Duties will be modified to comply with COVID-19 safety protocols as outlined by the Simcoe Muskoka
District Health Unit and provincial restrictions. Staff will be required to work remotely when possible and/or
Qualifications and Key Skills:
– Post-secondary education in environment and sustainability, climate change, public policy, or a related
– Education/experience in municipal climate action including project development and/or analysis of
greenhouse gas emissions and reductions
– Experience in identifying grant opportunities and supporting the submission, securement and reporting
related to any successful funding proposals.
– Excellent computer skills, proficient in using design, video and web software, and Microsoft Office Suite
including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
– Good analytical, data management, communication, and organizational skills.
– Ability to think creatively when problem solving.
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team, to work collaboratively.
– Reliable and willing to work a flexible schedule (overtime, evenings, and weekends).
– Valid Class G Ontario Driver’s Licence
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to present varied information in the
appropriate form to stakeholders.
– Self-motivation and ability to work independently and to take initiative on projects.
– Excellent judgement and decision-making skills.
– Must be 30 years of age or under as of contract start date
SSEA offers comprehensive health and safety training.
Start Date: September 7th, 2021
Job Status: Full Time
Salary: $14.50 per hour
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the
position requirements. Resumes and cover letters submitted via email must be in word or PDF format and
include “Climate Action Program Coordinator (Seasonal/Contract)” in the subject line.
Resumes and cover letters should be submitted, preferably electronically, by 4:30 pm on Friday July 30,
2021 and be clearly marked to:
Severn Sound Environmental Association
489 Finlayson St
PO Box 460
Port McNicoll ON L0K 1R0
We thank all applicants for your interest in the Severn Sound Environmental Association. Only those
candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Severn Sound Environmental Association is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection
Please inform us should an accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process. Information
received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. Personal
information collected will only be used for candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of
Information and Protection of Privacy Act R.S.O., 1990, c.M.56.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com