WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
NOVEMBER 23, 2021
JOB POSTING: NON-UNION 2021-367
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT / INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
Regular Full-Time Position
Located on the coast of beautiful Georgian Bay, our facility offers the best that both nature and
technology can offer. We work in one of Canada’s most modern health care facilities and live in one of
Canada’s top outdoor adventure destinations.
Reporting to the Clinical Managers of the Emergency Department and the Intensive Care Unit, the
Clinical Leader collaborates with the managers to support and promote quality care delivery to patients
and families. The incumbent works with the inter-disciplinary team to deliver professional care with a
focus on quality improvement, education, and health promotion.
The Clinical Leader assists in the strategic planning and continuous improvement of nursing services and
the department; ensures full utilization of staff resources within the nursing department; facilitates and
supports nursing personnel in the provision of quality nursing care; and facilitates communication and
consistency of practice within the nursing management team.
• Minimum 5 years of recent relevant critical care clinical experience;
• Knowledge of adult learning principles;
• Regulated Health Care Professional, Registered Nurse required;
• Demonstrated leadership and mentoring experience;
• Knowledge of roles within the interdisciplinary team;
• Demonstrated creativity and innovation in delivery of patient care;
• Possess knowledge of nursing competencies;
• Demonstrated ability to support and lead change;
• Demonstrated background in critical decision making, and a leadership style that facilitates and
promotes team work and the ability to motivate others;
• Skill in writing concise, logical, grammatically correct correspondences and reports;
• Demonstrated knowledge of various computer applications and software related to healthcare
• Demonstrated satisfactory attendance levels, work performance, disciplinary history and
positive work references.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with both internal and external
• Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of the West Parry Sound Health Centre:
Compassion, Accountability, Rights and Responsibilities, Excellence, and Safety.
Please submit cover letter and resume by December 7, 2021 quoting NU 2021-367 to:
West Parry Sound Health Centre
Human Resources Department
6 Albert St., Parry Sound, ON, P2A 3A4
Fax: (705) 773-4036
West Parry Sound Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process
to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal participation. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process,
please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or
We thank all applicants who apply, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of this competition only. Please be advised the WPSHC property is
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org