Website Severn Sound Environmental Association
The Severn Sound Environmental Association (SSEA) is a community success story. At the SSEA, we are committed to ensuring exceptional environmental quality and exemplary stewardship of the Severn Sound area through sound science, collaboration and partnerships. The SSEA is a Joint Municipal Service Board under the Municipal Act that serves eight municipalities in the Severn Sound watershed area (www.severnsound.ca).
The SSEA is seeking an eager, motivated individual to join our talented, enthusiastic team to support communications, education and outreach.
One (1) Communications Assistant. This position, based in Port McNicoll, Ontario, offers a 35-hour work week, with some evenings and weekends required, between the period of June 13th to August 8th, 2022 (8 weeks).
Wage: $15.25 per hour, 35-hours per week.
- Assist with creating strategies on Branding, Communications, and Social Media to guide current and future SSEA communications;
- Review SSEA’s website and assist with enhancements and updates;
- Assist with the development, design and circulation of clear and compelling communication, education and outreach materials (videos, fact sheets, website, social media content, annual reports, presentations, articles, newsletters, media releases, etc.);
- Assist with managing and optimizing social media communications;
- Assist in technical aspects of planning of SSEA virtual events, including webinars and the annual Open House;
- Seek opportunities to create awareness for and promote SSEA programs and projects, including liaising with community groups and organizations; and
- Provide assistance with other SSEA programs as needed.
Duties will be modified to comply with COVID-19 safety protocols as outlined by the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit and provincial restrictions. Staff will be required to work remotely when possible and/or necessary.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Post-secondary education in public relations, marketing, digital communications, or a related field;
- Expertise in producing high-quality video content for YouTube and social media;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience related to branding, outreach and communications;
- Experience in social media and media relations, with excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, graphics software and video editing software;
- Strong, engaging writer and oral communicator with solid editing skills and experience conveying information to the public;
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Education or experience in environmental science/studies with an emphasis on education and outreach considered an asset;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, to work collaboratively with SSEA staff and volunteers;
- Reliable and willing to work a flexible schedule (overtime, evenings, and weekends) as required;
- Possess a valid Class G Ontario driver’s licence with a clean driver’s abstract and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset; and
- Must be 30 years of age or under, as of contract start date.
SSEA offers comprehensive health and safety training.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the position requirements. Resumes and cover letters submitted via email must be in word or PDF format and include “Communications Assistant (Seasonal/Contract)” in the subject line.
Resumes and cover letters should be submitted, preferably electronically, by 4:00 pm on Friday, May 27th, 2022 and be clearly marked to:
Severn Sound Environmental Association
489 Finlayson St.
P.O. Box 460
Port McNicoll, ON L0K 1R0
We thank all applicants for your interest in the Severn Sound Environmental Association. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Severn Sound Environmental Association is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform us should an accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed co nfidentially. Personal information collected will only be used for candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act R.S.O., 1990, c.M.56.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org