Lyndsey Stevenato Children's Therapy Services
Communicative Disorders Assistant
Lyndsey Stevenato Children’s Therapy Services
Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Indeed
Salary: From $30 an hour
Job type: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Working with children: 2 years (Preferred)
- Communicative Disorders Assistant certificate (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Seeking for PARRY SOUND AND SURROUNDING AREA location
NEW GRADS are welcome to apply! We will provide a structured mentorship program during employment.
We are looking for a dedicated, engaging, and experienced paediatric Communicative Disorders Assistant to join our team of professional therapists.
What we do:
We use a collaborative approach and creative problem solving to overcome those obstacles that prevent children from excelling in all areas of their development.
Our dedicated team of qualified therapy professionals provide specialized therapy services. Our therapy team consists of Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Speech-Language Pathologists, and a Mental Health team of Social Workers and Psychologists offering Psychological-Educational Testing. This team is supported by office administration who works closely with families to provide integrated services, information, and support.
Check out our LSCTS video to hear from our team and have a tour of our clinic: https://youtu.be/38JF9LCGwWY
Check out our team: http://childrenstherapy.ca/about/staff/
So, what do we offer you?
- Clinical Mentorship program
- Full administrative support (we manage all reception, appointments, invoicing, and billing for you).
- Private Therapy/Treatment Rooms
- Health benefits
- Career development support which includes up to $500 annual education allowance
- Orientation pay
- Vacation pay (4% of gross wages)
- Career advancement options available
- A team of amazing, caring and dedicated people
We believe in supporting YOU through our Mentorship Program!
Whether you are a seasoned clinician or new grad, we help you plan for your certification and (new) programs to sharpen and add new skills to your clinical tool-kit. As clinicians our learning never ends.
How does it work? You’ll meet with your assigned clinical mentor weekly to:
- Practice new and advanced techniques to build and sharpen your skills
- Get help to build a full caseload and maintain it
- How to create a treatment plan and keep patients committed to get even better outcomes
- Design a roadmap for your professional development and certifications.
Do you have these CORE VALUES?
- Diploma in the Communicative Disorders Assistant Program from an accredited College.
- Experience working with children with ASD, ADHD, and other developmental deficits is an asset.
- You rock at working independently and collaboratively as part of an inter-professional team.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to set priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with booking software and virtual treatment is an asset.
- Treatment of individual clients under the supervision of a registered Speech-Language Pathologist
- Working within the scope of practice of a Communicative Disorders Assistant in Ontario
- Ensuring that informed consent is provided by the client/advocate.
- Necessary reporting within the standard set of the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
- Abiding by known privacy and confidentiality laws
- Maintaining cleanliness of the clinic by sanitizing, putting items used back to original position and locking up, as necessary
Have you applied with us in the past? We’d love to hear from you again!
Let’s have a chat and determine if we are a good match!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Clients asked to self-screen, therapy rooms are sanitized between appointments, and staff and clients encouraged to wear masks.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Parry Sound, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- working with children: 2 years (preferred)
- Communicative Disorders Assistant certificate (preferred)
Work Location: One location
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.